banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Trenton boat launches?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:06 pm 
Minnow

Well after being away from fishing for many years, grew up fishing with dad on the Ottawa river and the "Parc Laverendrie" in Quebec, moved out, met a girl, had kids, got married and the years just flew by from that point. I woke up one day and went "holly crap" I want to get back into it. My son is now the age I was when dad took me on a fishing trip for the first time. I had the chance to do some icefishing in Trenton by the base. Got hooked again, so I bought a 13 footer with a 9.9 and I'm now planning to take my son out for his first time.

So my question is would anyone be so kind as to let me know of the boat launches in the Trenton area are?

Thanks all and I love this forum, good luck May 1st!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:26 pm 
Walleye

There are several boat launches in Trenton one being by the train bridge but it is a little shallow and current, there is a good launch just down river a couple hundred yards on the opposite side to the one by the train bride, good docks deep water and lots of parking. As well there is another launch at the mouth of the river in the small park beside price choppers, also lots of docks deep water and plenty of parking. Launches are of plenty in trenton you cant help but miss them. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:11 pm 
Walleye

To add to Walleye 10.5 post, these are all good launches, but this time of year the current is strong and if you have boat guides on your trailer it will save you alot of frustration on getting your boat on and off the trailer.

Also, the boat launch that is closest to the O.P.P station, watch out if you use that one. It has a concrete ramp to launch,but it does not taper off when in the water, but has a sudden 1 foot drop off. Thus you can distroy your trailer if not careful. I know guys that have done that. Good luck

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:19 am 
Minnow

That's great thanks for the info guys. Are they any launches from the south side? We used Weese road when we ice fished but it has to many boulders to launch from a trailer. And any launches not from the canal, as you mentioned the current is strong make it it challenging to launch.

I know some are saying go for a drive and look for yourself and that is what I'm planning to do this aft., but I know sometimes there are private launches that you just pay a nominal fee out there. As is the case for our ice fishing access point.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:10 am 
Walleye Angler

I use the one beside the arena. Good lighting at night also. It may get a little shallow this year. Water is very low. Good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:17 pm 
Walleye

I know of a possable 1 or 2 launches. Though I haven't checked them out for a few years. The first one, if you go west on hwy 33 from Trenton, just past the old Quaker Oats plant, you get to the sharp right hand courner , you can go straight to the water from there. I remember a launch being down there. Mind you there is no dock. The second one is on the same road, but further west. Same deal, no dock. But also no current either. If I were to use one of them, I'd just double check and ask at one of the houses that are there. Again, Good luck.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:18 pm 
Minnow

Went for a drive and checked out the boat launches. They're all good. Water is really low on all of them. The trailer is going to have to be past the concrete, hopefully river bottom not to soft. Not sure if they'll be able to put the docks out. The anchor blocks for them are way to high. Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:47 pm 
Minnow

That link is a great website. Thanks for providing it.

banner ad