banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Oct 03, 2024 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:26 pm 
Walleye Fry

I have been asked to attend a guys fishing week this summer. They have done poorly (fishing wise) the last few years and are looking for an affordable cottage on a great fishing lake. They like action therefore bass will be the main target but we would also like to fish some eyes and i guess pike. I fish the bay almost all year, I live in Belleville for the BOQ but we wanna go north.

Who has been where?
Any recommendations?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:00 pm 
Walleye Master

well if you wanted to go south i'd say just come down to west lake, Scott (west lake willows) has awsome cottages and there is great bass fishing about 10 min boat ride away and even closer for walleye and pike.

dave

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:56 pm 
Walleye Master

You want a good spot, Tumblehome lodge in Claredon-Ardoch on Crotch Lake. Awesome lodge, fishing and people! Go basic on this lake, carolina rig with crawler or leech. I have had good success going deep with cranks as well for smallies. Lots of pike somedays you wish theyd leave you alone so a walleye could hit! Catch some huge fallfish(oversized minnows) there 2. Very cheap crown land camping 2!
http://www.tumblehomelodge.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:23 pm 
Walleye

Depending on how far you want to drive, I would recommend the Temagami Lake area. Fabulous fishing , It's about an hour's drive from North Bay on hwy 11. That would be about 7 hours from Belleville.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:04 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

I haven't been there in a few years but friends of mine have and they say it's still a good go for Bass, Walleye and Pike. The place is called Silgrey Resort and is situated on the York River overlooking the Palmer Rapids and flows into Garden Lake at the Conroy Marsh a few Kilometres down stream and the silence is deafening. Very rustic and if you listen very carefully an night you can sometimes hear the Hillbillys causing a raucous. Give Mike a call for more info at 1-613-332-1072 or visit the website at http://www.silgrey.ca

Ass Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:47 am 
Guppy

I agree w/ Martycoo. Crotch lake has a ton of bass, many pike although smaller ones and plenty of eyes. We stay at Land o Lake lodge but they are both nice.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:06 am 
Walleye Angler

i agree with the boys, crotch is a great spot, fishin can be tough some times, beautiful lake alround good time, i stay at the land o lake lodge, there are camp sites all over the lake too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:23 am 
Site Admin

Baptise and connecting elephant lake is a beautiful area with bass smallies/largies,some walleye and musky. 2hrs straight up hwy.62 to bancroft.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:48 am 
Walleye Master

Baptist and Elephant( I have a depth map of Elephant if anyone is interested) are great fishing areas to, spent alot of time on them when I was much younger. Remember being young kids and getting mad that the musky were eating the perch before we could get them in... But like alot of the guys are saying Crotch like is a GEM, Im going to try getting there at least once this year as it's been 2-3 years since Ive fished that lake, alot of good surrounding lakes and connecting lakes in that area plus the Mississippi river which flows in at the top of the lake !!! Fishing there can be very tough at first but like any other lake once you figure out a pattern, it's hard to keep them off! So many good meomories of that area! Guys is there a website for Land O Lakes lodge might give them a shot this year as Ive never even heard of it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:15 am 
Walleye

PM sent Jutty

Last edited by purpleghost on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:22 am 
Walleye Catcher

Hey Ass monkey,
I am originally from Palmer Rapids and know the area well. Awsome fishing and great diver hunting in the fall. Be careful of the locals.LOL.
Sheldon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:38 am 
Walleye

Not only does the Conroy marsh have amazing fishing but the scenery is A1. We had some good times out there. Hey assmonkey we gonna get the boys together just like old times for a trip out there this summer?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:26 pm 
Walleye

fisherboy_01 wrote:
well if you wanted to go south i'd say just come down to west lake, Scott (west lake willows) has awsome cottages and there is great bass fishing about 10 min boat ride away and even closer for walleye and pike.

dave

I agree, I don't know where you go to get better bass fishing & walleye seem to be improving every year. Never stayed at Scott's but looking at the pictures I don't see how you could go wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:21 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Right you are Sheldon. I remember the first time purpleghost and i ventured up there. We got into the Conroy Marsh and i got this uneasy feeling. We would come to figure out it was the total silence in the bowl that the Marsh sits in surrounded by the mountains. Totally awesome. Sounds like a plan Ghost. It would be nice to get the guys together for a weekend bash up at Silgrey . Many a good time up that way for sure.

Ass Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:40 pm 
Walleye

Rice Lake is close by with some great fishing and excellent lodges.