Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 1:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: tournaments
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:46 pm 
Perch

My son (20) and i would like to enter some local tournys. We would like to think we are good enough to enter the Quinte series, then we give our fat heads a shake. lol. But really, are there any other derbys/tournys that we could enter that would give us some experience, and fun. I have a 16' boat 50hp four stroke. Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: tournaments
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:59 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

The best tourney to enter is the quinte series, the first 2 day event because it is largemouth only. During the rest of the series they open up the smallies and it is harder even for a good largemouth fisherman to compete with the Lake Ontario smallies that some of the anglers bring in. I have done the opening tx and the whole series several times with my son and he was 11, 12 and 13, when we competed.
When you say you think you are good enough, than do it, you wont regret it!!! I consider my son and I to be good Largie fisherman but we cant compete with 5 five pound smallies. I run an Aluminum as well with a 100hp. Mind you they don`t always get them, but usually one of the big lake runners figures them out. Thats why I suggest you do the first tx of the year for Largemouth only, and you will have a week to prefish if you like. Find good water around Belleville or Trenton and you are good to go.
You can do it!!!

Teppy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:50 pm 
Walleye Angler

The Quinte Bassmasters fishing club may be what you are looking for. Lots of guys start here to get some confidence before jumping into the Quinte Fishing Series. Send me an email and I will do my best to answer any questions you have about our club, or just come out to the next meeting. We meet on the second Tuesday of the month at 7:30 PM. Meetings are held at the Quinte Conservation building, at the corner of hwy 2 and Wallbridge-Loyalist Road.

kevdorey@yahoo.com
Attachment:
QBM%20brochure[1].pdf

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:38 pm 
Walleye Angler

Definitely agree with teppy; the QFS opening bass tourney is awesome for a lot of reasons. It will be a very even playing surface; no Lake, equal prefishing,…

QFS is very inclusive; the entry fees are very reasonable and the competitors and organizers are great people just looking to have fun…..just like you.

I will guarantee you and your son will love it, and probably end up competing the rest of the summer. Sign up soon, the openner will fill up.

Looking forward to seeing you out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:17 pm 
Walleye Angler

I agree with all the QFS is a good series to fish everyone is great. Just because you have a little boat doesnt mean anything. All I have is a Stratos with a 115 etec and have done well thrid in the classic two years ago with no smallmouth all largemouth and a couple of top ten finishes not to brag or nothing. Theres alot of guys with smaller boats who do well also so your not the only one with a small boat.

The weigh master can get crusty at times so you gotta watch him l :lol:. Hes my dad lol Just dont tell him hes wrong :lol: just kidding he will help you just like Pete would for info

Ima Lures Pro Staff (www.imalures.com)
Jakked Baits Pro Staff (www.jakkedbaits.com)
Stratos Boats Pro Staff (www.stratosboats.com)
Bay Marine (www.bay-marine.com)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:02 am 
Site Admin

Somerdink wrote:
The weigh master can get crusty at times so you gotta watch him

Crusty? are you kidding? Thats a total understatement. That guy makes a mean ole junkyard dog look like a cute kitten :P :P :P

banner ad