Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:04 pm 
Minnow

was just curiouys if anyone knows if u can shorefish during this tourney? my friend and i were going to go out on his boat and
of course the motor goes and wont be ready in time for the opener tourneyin quinte,now he has said to me we cant go now because u need to be in a boat to be able to join the tourney.does anyone know if we will be able to fish in this tourney from shore?
i know you have to do a live release,so if we caught something worth weighing and we were able to transport it to the weigh in station you think that would be ok?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:24 pm 
Walleye Master

theres always people that fish off the dock in wellington for the derby so as far as i know you can

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:19 pm 
Walleye

Sure you can, but everybody on shore must have a ticket. Just kidding.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:11 am 
Minnow

ok thanks for the info,im crossing my fingers that his boat is up and running for the tourney,will kinda suck shore fishing for big eyes.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:38 am 
Site Admin

I think you can fish on shore but you are going to need a cooler with an aerator to bring the fish to the weigh station. I would advise calling the organizers as it would be a heartbreak to catch thee big one and not be able to enter it.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:13 am 
Walleye

Actually if you think about it you cannot transport a live fish on land so you would have to hitch a ride by boat. If you transport a live fish on land your prize could be disputed as you broke the mnr regs.

One year we came in from fishing the opener and there was a well over 10lber swimming along in a foot of water not 5' from shore. Probably the only eye we saw that day.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:11 pm 
Site Admin

I know in the past the napanee tournament (before it went under) was won by a shore angler who did transport the fish from haybay to the weighin at Napanee.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:06 pm 
Walleye

Fish the river in Trenton right at the big tent you would have no trouble transporting it in a cooler.

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:09 pm 
Walleye

Polliwog are you saying that if you have fish in your live well on the way home form the lake you can be charged.

I have heard of guys fishing the mouth of the Moria and running the fish to the weigh station.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:32 am 
Walleye Master

Its always been my understanding you cant transport live fish anyplace. even ones you are keeping are suposed to be killed before heading homeif not killed there should at least be no water in the live well keeping the fish alive. I know that rule applys in NY as well ..... I think there fear is your goinn to take fish from one body of water and put them into another.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:35 am 
Walleye Angler

this discussion can go many places and excuse me for being argumentive but the definition for transport is moving some thing from one place to another and if you cant move live fish on land then wh are the weight station out on the water cause the fish needs to be "transported" from your boat to the scale to the live well on land. like many others that have seen people fishing the mouth of the moira and running to the scale and i think one fella a couple of years ago won the derby that way. what ever the case may be i would maybe read the fine print of the regs and maybe contact some one aswell good luck everyone :D

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:56 am 
Walleye Master

very true Buck but I think its an agrument of Carry Or Transport.......... I think that they are both simuler movement being the common ground........ its a huge differance to carry a fish lets say 500 yards or driving a fish 20 miles to a weight station..... I would assume its just fine fishing from shore where you catch you carry, you weigh. only way this would change if they just deside dead fish can be weighed, and this opens a whole new can of worms right lol

banner ad
banner ad