Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 1:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Browns at Wellington
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:56 am 
Walleye Catcher

:) Has anyone been To Wellington to fish browns in the last week? If so how was it? :?:

Post subject: Re: Browns at Wellington
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:12 pm 
Walleye Master

Grizz has landed. ill let you know lol

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:02 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Atta boy Griz we knew we could count on you ! be up Sat keep an eye peeled

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:52 pm 
Walleye Master

Struck out this morning, got a late start and only fished for about 2 1/2 hours out of wellington. never got a bump so im Zero for one! . this is what I can tell you..... water is cold and crystal clear warmest I found was 44.5 and that was just one small spot alot of places was only 39 to 43.5 the water comming out of westlak is like 49 but as soon as it hits the lake it cools right down........ lots of minnows jumping in the channle today and saw a few very nice bass ........ ill give it another try later on today and probably tomarrow as well didnt have enough gas in the boat to make the run to Athol bay so I have no idea whats shakin over there but it has to be better than the dunes . I swear I found warmer water 30 days ago than it is right now the water being as low as it is you would think it a heck of alot warmer than it is. and I see the nets are out on the big lake and I have never seen him set so far out usually he is in alot closer to shore right now he is set a good 100 yards off shore . maybe ill have something better to post tonight when I get back in from an evening fish . Grizz

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:08 pm 
Walleye Angler

Grizz, I was the other boat out just ahead of you. There was consistently warmer water down further south of you along the dunes with that north breeze pushing the warm water;however, no action for me either. I started a run further south but by the time I hit Rocky Point, my boat was getting tossed around quite a bit with that wind shifting out of the west. Back to port by 2pm. Mitch

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:35 pm 
Walleye Master

yep I noticed it in a few places but i usually turn and run back often picking up a fish heading west but not today......... was gonna try this evening but its very choppy out there right now with a SSW wind and white caps so ill just hit it in the morning... at least I have the gas if i choose to make the run to athol today I really didnt have that luxery lol maybe the waves will stain up the water a bit and bring in some fish!

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:19 pm 
Walleye Master

went one for one today found a bit warmer water but not many active fish out there.......... had to really surch to find one and it came late morning once the wind kicked up a bit and put some ripples on the water serface........ one spot today I could see bottom crystal clear in 22 FOW thats just insane fish hit orange and copper colored northern king 200 feet streight back.... when I cleaned it out i found it had 3 Gobbies in its stomach. its nice to know that other fish such as trout are eating gobbies

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:43 am 
Walleye Wisdom

ya most of the browns ive got this year have had a few gobies in em! hopefully the brown action heats up still a bit!

banner ad
banner ad