It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 2:34 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:16 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

I found this on OutdoorTV.com

TV Host Charged with Violations
Host of "Gary Finch Outdoors" charged with five violations while taping show.

From the Mobile Press-Register:

Gary Finch, host of the outdoors television show "Gary Finch Outdoors," has been charged with five second-degree misdemeanor wildlife violations while filming his show in Jackson County, Fla.

Finch, 48, of Fairhope, was charged March 21 with two counts of taking turkey within 100 yards of a feeding station, two counts of possession over the bag limit of wild turkey and one count of making a false statement in his application for a Florida license or permit.

Finch is charged with killing two turkeys on the same day while the daily bag limit in Florida is one. He was charged with killing three turkeys in two days when the Florida season limit is two per hunter.

He also is accused of killing one turkey 12 yards from bait and another 22 yards from bait. Hunters are prohibited from being within 100 yards of any feeding station when feed is present when hunting turkey in Florida, said Stan Kirkland, a spokesman for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.

Kirkland said Finch also was charged with making a false application to get his resident Florida hunting license when using the address of the property he was hunting.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:39 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Super Dad,

This sure brings back bad memories of Hank and Atalo fishing out of season, and getting caught. I can never look at these guys in the same light, even though I helped them produce a show featuring Walleye off the shoals of Kingston some 15 years ago. They sure did disappoint me and others that looked up to them.

I am not sure why, but for some reason I still really like Hank enough to say he can be all that bad, but I can't stand Atalo. Atalo is just so condescending to everyone, including his wife.

BATMAN 8)

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:51 pm 
Walleye

Hi all.
I beleive it's innocent until proven guilty.
Cheers, Clark

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:40 am 
Walleye Master

thats fine and dandy but many believe its innocent until you get cought. pretty sad when you think about it..... its my experiance that people will start out slow in law breaking then it progresses so when you hear about someone like this you can only wonder how long its gone on and how many times they have gotten away with it in the past.. what makes you wonder is just how he was cought?? my guess is a friend of a friend of a friend said something and the long ears of the law cought wind of the story and now the rest is history along with this guys creditability...........

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:28 pm 
Walleye

It all happend in the Lake Simcoe region specifically in the trent river. Second week of November I believe, Henry and Italo were looking for Small mouth bass but the lake was too rough so they pulled in to the trent canal where the white fish were in and spawning. They were filmed snaging white fish putting the hook into the mouth then placing the fish back in the water telling the camra man to start filming apparently he never stopped filming and call the MNR

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:57 pm 
Walleye

Hi all.
So Grizzly. He is in fact guilty. No trial, no Jury, no Judge.
Cheers, Clark

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:11 am 
Walleye Master

Im not sure bud, I havent heared all the facts I will say this thou. sounds like he is guilty for making a fulse license if he used a wrong address..... thats a fact............ and on the rest its my experiance that if the Game man didnt believe he had a good case he would have never issued tickets in the first place if ge in fact is guilty I hope they through the book at him. I believe anyone who makes a living out of a sport that so many love and enjoy should pay double or tripple damages if they get cought at dirty play.............. It would be like a cop handing out a ticket to a pot smoker, then go home and smoke pot.. here you have a guy telling people what a great hunter or fisherman he is. actually making money from the industry, and then lie and cheat and YES even STEEL. I think i would have to eliminate myself from jury selection lol

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:28 pm 
Walleye

Hi all.
Grizzly.
You make very good points. I agree that these types of action by Professionals is disgracefull and it hurts all of us that enjoy the outdoors. Italo is a prime example. He did go to court and due process did occur. I am in not defending this man, rather I am defending the process.
On another thread I have asked for the opinion of the Pro's that visit this site for this very reason. We, you and I, the laymen look up to and grow a respect for Pro's and their opinions because we inherently must due to human nature. We must also realise that those we hold in high regard are no different than ourselves. They have bills to pay, children to raise and expectations that quite often cannot be met. Tiger Woods is the perfect example.
Cheers, Clark

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:04 am 
Walleye Master

yep Clark I agree with you in everything until you said Tiger Woods lol........ but yes we are all human and we all make mistakes in that there is no doubt..... maybe it can just be said they suffered a lack of better judgement....... as far as Tiger..... well he did nothing to hurt the Game of Golf........ he hurt his self. and his wife kids and family but thats about as far as it goes. The way I see it is these guys all set them selfs up expessally in the hunting and fishing industry. show me one person here who would not love to fish or maybe hunt 365 days a year. they are eleite most people are too busy working to be able to fish all year..... so when you have all year to fish Catching too many or out of season, or using illeagle methods PRETTY MUCH JUST SHOWS THEY DO NOT CARE WHAT THEY DO. Im also pretty sure if either Italo or this other guy Gary Finch thought for one second that they would actually get cought they would have never did what they did to begin with because often its all about apperances and they worked very hard to put there name in the lime lite for a Personol Gain .

banner ad
banner ad