Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 12:24 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:18 pm 
Walleye Angler

Dear O.F.A.H. Member:

Please find a link below to a CTV public opinion poll on the long gun registry. With Bill C-391 due to be heard at the Standing Committee on Public Safety starting May 4, 2010, and the Liberal opposition members on the committee blocking the appearance of groups, organizations and individuals representing hunters, farmers and recreational sport shooters, it is important to continue to let the government know of our support for the bill, and to send a strong message to the opposition parties who are seeking to block it and turn the committee hearings into a one-sided discussion. If you support the repeal of the long gun registry we would appreciate your assistance by visiting the webiste and voting NO.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

CTV Online Poll: www.ctv.ca/qp

Please note that as this is not an O.F.A.H. website we are unable to verify how long the poll will be available online.

Yours in Conservation,

Greg Farrant
O.F.A.H. Manager of Government Relations & Communications

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:51 pm 
Guppy

Poll completed. Wow take a look at the overall numbers. 95% voted NO when I did it there were over 19000 NO votes against 1195 YES.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:55 am 
Walleye Master

Funny, I took it 7 hours later and it was 1147 yes. and 20407 against whats wrong with that picture ???? there was less Yes votes than when bass took it 7 hours later the law is just as stupid as how they count the votes on this poll lol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:31 am 
Walleye Angler

GRIZZ The question on the poll !!
Do You support the long gun registry???
at 6 am wed morn-------5% yes 1147 votes
95% no 20517 votes
Good luck with the liberal leader from another country dead set against abolishing it and telling his members not to vote to abolish it!!!
Pretty amazed as a political member you or we voted in for to do the best for our riding has to be told how to vote or else!!!
THIS COUNTRY NEEDS A COMPLETE OVERHAUL not just on this alone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:41 am 
Walleye Master

No Shelly I do not support it and I voted no My point was bassassassin posted 1195 yes votes at 9;51 pm on the 27th and at 5am on the 28th there was less yes votes at 1147 dont know why that would be ??? and I can see it working against us not for us because the people in favor of it will say the voting is rigged Maybe Bassassasin posted the wrong numer of yes votes?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:04 am 
Walleye Wisdom

"THIS COUNTRY NEEDS A COMPLETE OVERHAUL not just on this alone"

Ohhhhhh man!!!! 100% agreed on this end!!!!

We need accountable leadership with a future vision!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:17 am 
Walleye

Can't you just smell the election coming. By dropping the gun registry before an election the conservatives would release thousands of single issue voters to move on to other issues, it would be like shooting the goose that lays the golden eggs. They're just stoking the fire, never going to happen.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:28 am 
Site Admin

The conservatives are in a bind on this one. The police chiefs association has come out in support of the registry, urban voters support it as well. Drop the registery and risk losing votes from urban voters. If they keep it, they break their promise to scrap it and loose rural farm/hunter votes. I suspect they will keep it but water it down in the hopes of keeping votes on both sides.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:04 pm 
Guppy

Grizz, could've definitely been a mistake on my end. The old eyes aren't what they used to be and was probably 1145. I should really get that prescription filled for my glasses. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:33 am 
Jumbo Perch

Well I got my answer from a member,he stated that he was indeed voting for the registry even though he voted against it initially,I tried to explain to him,that it isn't the farmers and hunters of this country doing the damage,but handguns held by people with grudges to settle...it all fell on deaf ears,as he has already been assimilated....so much for free thinkers in this government!

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:10 pm 
Walleye Angler

DOES NOT@#$@#@ suprise me @#@#@#@# A/HOLES

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:00 pm 
Walleye Master

With the wold becomming so suit happy I think its about time someone gets a hot shot lawyer and suits his politition..... I mean think about it, you run on a plat form, you lie your way in and then you change your whole view on things in hope of more votes in a higher seat. basically steel votes away from people by telling them a line of crap how your all for this all for that give me your vote and I PROMIS TO MAKE A CHANGE. then poof we as the people should be able to bring up charges against a person who lies, cheats, steels. embesseles all for a personal gain. that would be the man we voted in on his word as a human

banner ad