Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: Weekend report
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:25 am 
Site Admin

How did everyone do? Our group was at Pickerel Park, we arrived friday afternoon and opened the trailer. Fired up the food, brown pop and just relaxed. The mux-walleye crew stopped by trying to sell me mux-urine. In fact they were walking around the park with babyfood jars selling the stuff. Dont know if they made any money. :P :P

Saturday morning we were on the water by 7 and set up at thompsons heading south. Planer boards with shad and long body baits. On the depth finder we were marking fish but most seemed to be on the bottom with some up higher. We worked out towards the cement plant then swung around and started back heading north up the reach. No fish to show after 5 hrs.

Cymbals, decides he wants to put on bottom bouncers to see if he can tag some of those fish we were seeing on bottom. About 30 mins later he has a fish at3 lbs on the bouncers. I quickly decided to chuck the boards and cranks and throw on the bouncers, iceman says he's not going to change over and keep with the board and cranks.

About 40 minutes later and I have my first fish 3lber. Cymbals gets another, bigger at about 4.5lbs and I get a couple of more 3lbers. Not monsters but nice fish. Iceman didnt bring any bouncers but cant take it any more and asks if I had any extras. No problem, he gets set up and promptly hits a 6lber. We finish with 7 fish for the day.

Sunday morning its just cymbals and I as iceman twisted something climbing in the boat and can't walk. We head back to long reach and set up again and fish are still cooperating. We caught 6 with the biggest at 7.63 lbs. Called it a day around 1pm. Most of the fish we got were 15-23ft depths on northland harnesses and our trolling speed was 1.0-1.3

Post subject: Re: Weekend report
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:56 am 
Walleye Catcher

Nice Report Dan,
We did the same thing after we found them we tweeked the worm harnesses and got at them. Tones of fun. Sounds like you guys had a blast.
Sheldon

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:08 pm 
Walleye Master

what size weights were you working at a 1.0 to 1.3mph troll?

i'm guessing two ounce?

way to figure out the tough bite bud!!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:49 pm 
Site Admin

Your're pretty close ,3oz bouncers

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:20 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Nice report Dan! We decided to live and die by the sword so to speak...LOL We clung tightly to our hopes of the BIG one to make the board we started in Picton bay area. Trolled for a long time! we tried all kinds of different patterns with diff cranks at diff depths at diff speeds.. worked hard at trying to crack the code on the big fish but no luck. We hit a 7+ lb'r early sat morning, eventually we targeted some pike and in about 2 hours ended up with 10 all ranging from 4 to 9 lbs. kept a few for the table and headed in for a rest.

Sunday morning we went back out to new waters and after finding some fishes on the HDS we went back to work, not too long in we netted a 6 lbr and the boats swarmed us...lol a few hrs of trolling presented nothing else, guess we got the only hungry one LOL! Went down near the river for some eaters late sunday and landed one more around 2 lbs. Overall a great weekend with great friends! just wish the piggy's were a lil more hungry.

Facebook: http://facebook.com/trophywalleye
Twitter: @pbandjcharters

banner ad