Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:15 pm 
Walleye

Traveller, I knew a lot of you guys from when I was fishing LO but I haven't been out much in a few years. I met most of you on the radio but almost none in person other than Trust Me and The Sea Dog and a few others so I don't know their names only by the name of the boats. If I'm not mistaken Traveller has fished LO out of Wellington for what 20 years?

I'm hoping Dad will feel up to a trip or two on the big lake this year as I'm itchin to get out there again.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:54 pm 
Walleye

Yes it has been close to twenty years, you mention Sea Dog he did come up a couple years ago but he lost his fishing partner last year as Ethel passed away. He certainly was a big help to me when I started, but with the water becoming clearer when the mussels started to clean the lake he just couldn't understand why we were all fishing deeper than thermal line. I'm at the same camp as Salmon King who was fishing before I started and is still going strong. There are many that were a big help, I mentionrf Rod Holder and guys like Salmon Slammer they never left the lake without making sure everyone was safe. I started fishing out there with a 16ft boat so sure appreciated their help and concern. I now have a 23ft and if the lake starts to roll I'm heading towards shore, there is no time to be a hero when your 12 miles from port.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:02 pm 
Walleye

Sorry to hear Ethel passed, they were like part of the lake , just seemed to always be there.

Those were the days when a few words from another boat could fill your cooler, I remember guys remarking on how well the Wellington boats got along apparently not like some other places. One of the best days we ever had out there was the last day of the Wellington salmon derby, Trust Me was leading and everybody ragged on him all day with fictional fish. Towards the end of the day we got a nice one so I started on him.
We were at the far end of the Bonnet Shoal and he was at the wheat field so he wanted me to stop and show it to him. I knew it wasn't big enough to knock him out of top spot so I stayed way out so he couldn't get a good look at it and it worked, his partner said we took the wind out of his sails. The fish tied for second so that gave us third place . We only got the one fish but it was a fun day.

I gotta get back out again this year.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:55 pm 
Walleye Master

the wellington fleet is getting smaller and smaller year by year but as was already said everyone shares info, not like other parts of the lake. i sure hope dad lets me take the boat out this year. oh btw bill we dumped the fish on monday.

dave