Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Oct 12, 2024 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hay Bay / Ram Island
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:12 pm 
Guppy

Heading up to Hay Bay mid week for a long weekend on the water. Wondering what everyone has tried in these parts? any success? Any advice is greatly appreciated!
:geek:
soulremedy

Post subject: Re: Hay Bay / Ram Island
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:25 pm 
Walleye

Soulremedy
Either the fishing is awful, or the fisherman have lockjaw. 30 of us will be heading up to NorthPort on Thursday. Looks like decent weather ahead, so it'll be nice just be on the water, with any fish being a bonus.
Catch ya later
2 dogs on 68

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:34 pm 
Walleye

No 2dogs we haven`t got lockjaw...its just every week the same question comes up.." How is the fish in the area of ...." Well if you look back on some of the post the same answer will be " fish deep...fish shallow...uses crankbaits or worm harness" what you need to do, is do what I do when I fish a different area...just get on the water uses what you have and the fish will tell you what works. What will work today not always what will work in 3 days. Just go out enjoy the water and learn.Yes all those spots are good but it doesn`t mean you will get fish every time you go out..Buy deph charts and scope out there area before you come...the hotspot maps help.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:17 am 
Walleye Fingerling

demoman wrote:
No 2dogs we haven`t got lockjaw...its just every week the same question comes up.." How is the fish in the area of ...." Well if you look back on some of the post the same answer will be " fish deep...fish shallow...uses crankbaits or worm harness" what you need to do, is do what I do when I fish a different area...just get on the water uses what you have and the fish will tell you what works. What will work today not always what will work in 3 days. Just go out enjoy the water and learn.Yes all those spots are good but it doesn`t mean you will get fish every time you go out..Buy deph charts and scope out there area before you come...the hotspot maps help.

A perfect example of this was a few week-ends ago. 6 of us fished Hay Bay / Ram Island and managed 1 small 11 incher. We threw everything we had at them. We get back to the states and see a report by Grateful Fisher with pictures. They were in Hay Bay at the exact same day and time as us and caught 21 and kept 11. I don't think we were in the exact location as them since I didn't see anyone catching. Hay Bay is a big area and clearly generalizations like "they are hitting in Hay Bay" can be difficult. They found a hot bite and we didn't. Maybe they will give us all the GPS coordinates. LOL.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:21 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Sorry, forgot to write them down ;)

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:08 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

Grateful Fisher wrote:
Sorry, forgot to write them down ;)

Isn't that always the way. By the way, that was a great report and nice picture too.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:35 pm 
Walleye

Well said riverdogg11....sorry for your luck.....thats the way it goes....I have been out and seen guys catch fish all the time out there and we didn`t ...also had the shoe on the other foot too....you got to get out there and giver lol

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 1:37 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Fished Haybay for the entire week of May 21 -28. Six of us limited out every day. I personally caught over sixty fish. Except for two feeds we each brought home four good eaters each. The remainder were released to be caught another day. Fishing on the long weekend was gangbusters but died off when the heat arrived Monday afternoon. Stayed slow but catchable Tuesday and Wednesday. Strong winds churned up a lot of weeds Wednesday afternoon making fishing difficult. Slowly recovered Thursday and Friday.
We fished weedlines in 8' of water using spinners and worms. East of Ram Island basically right out in front of Cedar Trees Resort where we stayed.
Had a great week and the boys did well too.I

Last edited by Drew on Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:36 pm 
Walleye

good job.....and you did it without the help of the guys on the board...lol....see guys it can be done...good job

banner ad