banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2024 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:18 pm 
Walleye

All the good weeds around 6 to 8 feet seemed to have either disappeared or turned really slimy. Now there is no Walleye on the weed edges now... Have they gone deeper again?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:14 pm 
Walleye Master

Try the channel lately?

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:09 am 
Site Admin

i know what you mean. i had 4 good weed patches that the eyes were holding in but with the weed change they are gone. time to hunt for some fresher weed beds

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:30 am 
Walleye

It's the same thing on rice lake, the cooler temps we got the other week killed them right off. I imagine by the time they grow back the eyes will have gone deep by then, but hey who the hell knows what the fish are gonna do one day to the next.

Happy fishing....

Mobb.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:03 am 
Perch

Come on down to Trenton. Made the mistake of tryin to fish there yesterday. There is a stretch between the second and third marker buoy's where you can actually troll for more than 10 feet before your lure is swallowed. As for the rest of that area you are lucky to run your outboard. You would think Trenton would try to do something about this. The tourism dollar the city must be losing because of the river mouth being choked off by weeds must be incredible. I will not return, however if bass fishin is your game and like to play in the heavy slop than by all means Trenton is your place. I will walleye fish elsewhere on the bay.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:49 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

I was at one of my spots Sat. evening and in 3 hours picked up 11 walleye. Moved out a little deeper and they were still there, but funny thing is they seemed to be a smaller class of fish than when I was there previously.

My theory on the weeds if they are there one week and totally absent the next it could be due to the high winds. What generally happens is the weeds get up to the surface and by this time the stem of the weeds are course and full of zebra mussels which makes them heavy. When high wind occur it snaps the weeds stalk at the stem. I have seen this on Rice as well many times, pre fish one week and the weeds are gone come tournament time. It can get frusterating!!
teppy

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:47 pm 
Walleye

teppy wrote:
I was at one of my spots Sat. evening and in 3 hours picked up 11 walleye. Moved out a little deeper and they were still there, but funny thing is they seemed to be a smaller class of fish than when I was there previously.

My theory on the weeds if they are there one week and totally absent the next it could be due to the high winds. What generally happens is the weeds get up to the surface and by this time the stem of the weeds are course and full of zebra mussels which makes them heavy. When high wind occur it snaps the weeds stalk at the stem. I have seen this on Rice as well many times, pre fish one week and the weeds are gone come tournament time. It can get frusterating!!
teppy

wow... I think you are right. When I was casting all the weeds that I pulled up were covered in zebra mussels. I hope the weeds will grow back in cause it is really causing my production to go down :(

banner ad
banner ad