Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2024 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Riding the storm!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:15 am 
Walleye Wisdom

well we were out on the bay all day an weathered out 3 storms. what a day! got back into some decent size fish finally. great day out on the water. had a big drum or pike break me off.. got several fish on planer boards (td9s) an casting into pockets or along the edge of the weedlines with taildancers or a jig an gulp minnow or leech. finally pulled the lines at 830 an decided to tour down to essroc an have a look... turns out that was a terrible idea. not only did we hit a mysterious 5 foot wake at 35mph (came off a big tug, saw the thing on the way down, then on the way back i couldnt spot it, i thought it was further up the reach, then all of a sudden i see these HUGE waves coming strait at me, i straitened her out an cut the throttle just a bit too late an we slammed through the waves pretty hard... scared the livin daylights out of us! then to top it all off we ran out of gas halfway back to deseronto an had to paddle to some kind english fellows house on green point an he kindly helped us out with some fuel (He will be finding some fish on his dock next time im out for sure!). what a night finally got the boat on the trailer at like 11 o clock. headin back out tomorow (with a jerry can!!!!) lol later guys enjoy the report!

Sink Full!!

One of the nicer ones on the board!

Bagged up ready for the freezer!

Post subject: Re: Riding the storm!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:24 am 
Walleye Master

yer always so on the edge mat lol. sounds like a real adventure buddy . nice report i laughed my way thru it!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:03 am 
Walleye Wisdom

heck of a night !! still got the deer in headlights look from those waves... think i had nightmares last night about em. man dead calm glass water into 5 footers... pure insanity.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:12 am 
Walleye Master

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I shouldn't be laughing but trying to imagine your face when you saw that wave is pretty funny. I heard a guy flipped a bass boat last year on the st lawrence on one of those smooth wakes off a big boat. They are wicked hard to see on real calm days because there is no cap on them. Just a smooth roller.

Great work on the fish. Those are better fish then most are getting.

Scott

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

www.bayofquintecharters.com, www.pictonharbourinn.com, www.westlakewillows.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:26 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

lol, man those big boats are dangerous! we were VERY close to capsizing, as we pretty well got air off the first wave then submarined into the next... what a freakin nightmare! i was happy to get back into some bigger fish, although we did work pretty hard to find an keep on them!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:21 am 
Jumbo Perch

that we did! lol a full tank of gas (fumes and all) 8O and a good test for the new runabout :P now the 16ft needs some down riggers :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:37 am 
Walleye Wisdom

lets go get em!