Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2024 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:39 am 
Walleye

with bass season only a few days away i was wondering where every one loves to bass fish? :D my place i love to bass fish is lingham lake,nothing like being 7k in the woods,camping on your own island and catching bass :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:49 am 
Walleye Angler

The Bay is one of mine of course. I wouldnt mine fishing some of the back lakes though. I usually have a tournment opening day, and pre-fishing for the QFS and CSFL.

Ima Lures Pro Staff (www.imalures.com)
Jakked Baits Pro Staff (www.jakkedbaits.com)
Stratos Boats Pro Staff (www.stratosboats.com)
Bay Marine (www.bay-marine.com)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:18 pm 
Walleye

Main Duck industrial park.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:48 pm 
Walleye Master

king, lingham lake sure is a popular lake these days....

we started 15 years ago - but stopped 5 years ago.

how is the fishing these days? used to see folks on the lake all the time....is the road still good enough to get in on your own?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:16 pm 
Walleye Master

I was thinking about an opening day trip in to Lingham this year as well but also wondering if the road was too rough for a regular 4x4 or not. I was thinking about taking a pre-roadtrip in to check it out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:05 pm 
Walleye

I really like Skootamatta for Smallmouth Bass..... and of course the Bay for Largmouth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:10 pm 
Walleye

it is a tough go guys, was in a couple of weeks ago ( to Lingham Lake ) with the 4 wheelers and Johnsons hole is a complete mess all torn up by big 4x4's . We could barely get through with our bikes let alone with a truck/trailer/boat .

Cheers, Flap'n'shad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:00 am 
Site Admin

For many yrs. a crew of us did weslemkon lake for the opener and camping on one of the many crown islands. Must be getting old because we finally had enough of the blackflies, skeeters, midnight racoon raids of our supplies. I really do luv fishing that body of water. It also is a bit of an abnomally as far as the water shed flow for the region. All the lakes water flows go south but weslemkon flows north. I mainly fish the bay and lake Ont and cant wait to get out this weekend. Only 2 more sleeps!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:09 pm 
Goby

I've never been to Lingham before but am heading up there with a couple friends in two weeks. We're still trying to sort out how we're going to get into the lake.

I'm curious if anyone's had recent experience with using the north access road off of Weslemkoon Lake Road?

I read that Flap'n'shad said it was all torn up but I wasn't sure if he meant Lingham Lake Road or the road from the north.

Thanks for any advice guys.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:23 am 
Walleye Wisdom

TheCogsShow wrote:
I've never been to Lingham before but am heading up there with a couple friends in two weeks. We're still trying to sort out how we're going to get into the lake.

I'm curious if anyone's had recent experience with using the north access road off of Weslemkoon Lake Road?

I read that Flap'n'shad said it was all torn up but I wasn't sure if he meant Lingham Lake Road or the road from the north.

Thanks for any advice guys.

i recommend a hover craft.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:30 pm 
Walleye Master

Have any of you guys given Mellon Lake/Round Lake/Haley Lake in Marlbank area, its just off of highway 41, Mellon Lake is the first lake, lots of small bass and pike. Round Lake is the next lake back and it has some good size LM. And then Haley which I havent had the chance to get back to cause its the furthest and quite a hike I guess..... My brother fished it once and said they got some nice bass and pike. But like most have said on here the BOQ is the spot for big LM, Ive been fishing the Moira river up by my place in Cannifton and got a few 3lb smallies.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:58 pm 
Perch

Cogshow...........was in for opening weekend...........fishin was ok,no real monsters. In fact fish size was rather small compared to past years. Talked to a pile of guys and most said the same thing. We figured most of the big breedin sows must have been caught in the back bays when the lake dropped last year and perished. It will be a few years before real good fishin returns in Lingham. .......... as far as road in, it was not a prob. Any 4x4 will go in or 4 wheelers. Johnston hole is pretty much bedroom slipper deep. Stay completely to the right and you will have no problems. Road was a little chewed up coming out due to the heavy traffic of opening weekend......Good luck

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:22 am 
Goby

Hi Jube,

Thanks for the great report.

I'm a little disappointed to hear your results from the weekend but my friends are set on Lingham for some inexplicable reason so hopefully we'll have some better luck up there. Again, thanks for the info, it's very useful.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:57 pm 
Jumbo Perch

I got this badboy in centennial park Trenton, and another 1/4 inch larger just under the 1st train bridge on the trent.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

banner ad