Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Oct 25, 2024 2:28 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Weekend King Fishing
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:25 pm 
Baitfish

What a great weekend fishing for kings, we launched Sat a little late, around 1030am at Lakeport, and started marking bait fish immediately at 35 to 40 feet, so down went the cannon ball and off we went, water surface temp was 54 degrees, we put out 3 rods as in my early morning haste forgott my 4th rod, after about an hour of bobbin around the lake in 100ft water, riggers set at 40ft green flasher a green fly we caught our first king, 7lbs, we stuck around the bait fish and about an hour later we pulled out a 12lber. Got off the water around 3pm, and back at the house at 4, where I cleaned our catch and decided to BBQ the 7lb, it was awesome.

Sun morn in the water at 630am and in the same depth 35 feet the first rod was in the water and as I was setting up the second rigger bam fish on, 6lb king, pulled it in and reset the rigger, and bam sencond rigger pulled in a nice 12lb kinger,the highlight of the day was the 28lb king we landed what a fight, screaming line 450ft and a 45 min fight what a day, total for the day was 6 kings, and 1 steelhead.

What a day, fishin with good friends, beautiful days, fish in the freezer, life doesnt get any better then that. Oh and an understanding wife.....fish on lads

Post subject: Re: Weekend King Fishing
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:40 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

great report! sucks you forgot your 4th rod! you also apparantly forgot your camera! thanks for sharin dude

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:17 am 
Walleye Angler

nice on you Jeff! You deserved a great day on the water, nice to see you got one. Hey post thoe pics on here, the ones you sent me.
I am sure the lads on the site would like to see that big King!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:29 pm 
Baitfish

Hey Jimbo cant fingure out how to post the pics here! or I would, was out tday caught a 10lb King, and lost a Steelhead at the boat, it was a little windy, tday we used a black and purple spoon at 75ft for the steelhead, and the King was caught on a silver green spoon. It got windy so we pull the riggers in and headed for shore. Lots of boat out at lakeport, hope they did better then us!

banner ad