Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Oct 26, 2024 10:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:02 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

On the 13th, I went out to fish to try and find some fish, Trolled crankbaits for several hours, marked LOTS of fish, tried high - Low-BIG-SMALL - nothing would interest them.

Went into Thompsons Cove with an UZick Spinner and hit a 15.5 inch fish in the first 35 feet of troll, fish was in 12.5' Made one pass and found the new 12.5' line around the weeds. Drove over Shermans Ramp to troll to Kingscourt weedbbed to see if the fish were still there. As I hit 14.5' the line tightened and I reeled in a nice 18.5" fish.

July 14th, always a big day in my world :oops: BayBoy and I headed out at 0845, straight to KIngscourt and began trolling Uzick Spinners, started trolling at 0900, BayBoy has a fish at 0910 - nice 16" fish. I won't make you read all the details, but by 0950, we had five nice fish.

We trolled some more and by 1030, we had a count of fish. BayBoy was a HAPPY CAMPER :D :D :D :D All our fish were in 10.0- 14.0'

The bite seemed on - as Ohio Joe and his family had six, one of which was 24" caught in 20-23' of water.

It was a good day - hopefully these larger fish will bite before the 13 inchers show back...

Stay Tuned.

David aka Superdad

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:49 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

sounds like the walleye gods favored you on that special day
thankx for the nice report
blue

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:02 am 
Walleye

We went out this sunday same area hit a couple over 20" and a couple smaller ones trolling crankbaits in about 20-30 FOW the fish were between 12-15ft this was fishing from about 1pm - 3pm on a semi cloudy day......one of the smaller ones hit a worm harness on the downrigger but most success was on crankbaits........unfortunately I also lost the lure i was catching most of them on towards the end of the day.....guess ill be out looking for more of those

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

banner ad