banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:32 am 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Was out to fish on the 9th with my Dad and my wife, we trolled the 20' depths off the Old Church and the Uzick spinner did its magic. We landed a trio of walleye with my wife's 19.5 incher the largest. We fished about three hours.

On Sunday, my Dad and I headed to Mallory to see if there any fish there, we trolled between the northern shore and the large weed bed in the middle and after three hours we had landed a total of eight walleyes, nothing larger that 18.5". The Orange Uzick was working best

Tuesday saw Laker John join me as we experimented with different techniques and approaches. I knew there were fish at th Old Church, so we started there. We got our really to the bottom with bouncers and the first fish was in the boat in under 5 minutes... Hey Hey Hey!!!! We fished that area and landed a total of 6 within the first hour, largest was around 19". Knowing that we headed to other area to see what we could do, West Shore was barren of fish, they weren't biting in Mallory and we couldn't buy a fish between Ram IS and Bayview. By early afternoon the winds was blowing a ton. Notheless, we had fish for Johns table.

The weather forecast was for light winds on Saturday and Laker John and I headed out again to try another technique. We fished east of the Ferry to permit a couple extra rods in the water. We marked a lot of fish, but who knows what they ARE????

The MNR have a large trap net right on the top of Keiths Shoal and fishing in or near the weeds and drop offs is extemely difficult. We trolled for nearly six hours and couldn't buy a strike. We wandered ourway back towards Hay Bay looking for fish in different areas. Tried out Tuesday spot and couldn't find the perch even. Back to shore with the smell of the skunk hanging high.

You win some and you lose some - that's why it's fishing - not catching......

We have our tickets for the Perfect Vue Memorial derby and are awaiting it eagerly.

Stay Tuned..

David aka Superdad

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:52 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Great report David. Good to hear your still finding some eyes through out the bay.
Keep plugging away.... only 5 months to freeze up...lol.
Jason

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:19 pm 
Guppy

Superdad, WTH is a Uzick?

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:29 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

At the top of the page click on bait and tackle then on the red swan link. There is a pic in the top left corner of a uzick.
Deadly spinner on summer eyes.

FISH HUNTER

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:34 am 
Walleye Catcher

Uzick spinners have been a popular choice in the quinte area. They have particular colours and when used with a 3/4" piece of worm threaded on the hook followed by a plastic tail they are deadly.

Larry

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:21 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

The Uzick Spinner

I've been promoting that spinner for ten years.

It was designed by a friend of mine from Pa. back in the 80's and has caught fish ever since.

David aka Superdad

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:42 pm 
Walleye Angler

I often use a gulp minnow or gulp worm on the Uzick rather than a piece of dew worm with plastic

haybay larry wrote:
Uzick spinners have been a popular choice in the quinte area. They have particular colours and when used with a 3/4" piece of worm threaded on the hook followed by a plastic tail they are deadly.

Larry

banner ad
banner ad