banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:49 pm 
Walleye Master

Any one know the final results for kingston open ???
i think the weight in was at 3pm.
thanks guys

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:06 pm 
Walleye Master

cory johnston won, and chris was in third

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:28 pm 
Walleye Master

no idea how any one else did ??
i heard darren izzumi won the co-angler side, but besides that and about the johnson brothers havent heard much..
Thanks,
steve

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:56 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

I was down at the weigh in and was impressed with how well it was run Big Jim did a great job of MC and kept things moving right along , was a little concerned with how hot it was and the stress it would put on the fish , stood by the check tank as the young lad checked for dead fish , seemed like it was about 80% smallmouth and they were the black backs that you know came out of 20+ feet of water , what i feared came true as we were leaving the release boat was out off the point and the guys were working very hard to revive fish , hats off to them it was about a 3 ft chop and lots of boat wash , but to no avail , there was a least 10-12 floaters and you know that not all float a lot will sink , very disapointed with the morality rate , I personaly think this Tournament should be run in Sept when the water temp is a little more release friendly , congrats to the winners and the team who put the show on , Job well done , but definatly time for a date change , we only watched the releasing for a few minutes as it was just to rough to stick around

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:44 pm 
Walleye Master

smallies dont last well, dont know if you heard about bass mania, where rumors have it, there was a 60 plus % kill rate (out of trenton)........ they need ice in live wells and to be fizzed when they come from deep down..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:52 am 
Walleye Master

live wells should be outlawed and taken off ALL boats!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:37 am 
Walleye Master

Thats the words of a true american, i never see the american guys on here post pictures of fish they release...
But thats there right 100%.. and a good idea idea if no fish get wasted....
but how do you cull dead fish during a tournament ?
80 x 5 = 400 x 3 days of fishing = 1200 dead fish...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:18 am 
Walleye Master

Here is top 30

Cory Johnson 44.4
Mike Blair 43.3
JP DeRose 43.0
Franklin Janson 42.7
Peter Savioa 42.6
Chris Johnson 42.25
Bob Izumi 41.80
Paul Climpson 40.25
Doug Brownridge 40.1
Curtis Richards 38.3
Josh Myers 38.85
Ralph Papiest 38.45
Bruce Tufts 37.60
Derek Strub 37.3
Oliver Grigull 37.25
Bill Sheppard 37.05
John Whyte 36.40
Ryann Susanna 36.3
Rob LaFrambois 36.2
John McDonald 35.8
Jim Estebrook 35.5
Greg Hammond 35.4
Rob Webster 35.25
John McGoey 35.15
Jamie Janzen 35.1
Mike Riccardi 35.06
Mike Desforges 34.07
Johnny Liscio 34.55
Mike Nabulsi 34.40
Jay McCormack 33.05

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:02 pm 
Walleye Master

fireball wrote:
Thats the words of a true american, i never see the american guys on here post pictures of fish they release...
But thats there right 100%.. and a good idea idea if no fish get wasted....
but how do you cull dead fish during a tournament ?
80 x 5 = 400 x 3 days of fishing = 1200 dead fish...

........ who ever said I was in favor of tourny fishing ? so you beat out 70 high rollers with deep pockets so you can feel like someone better than another ? Ha! why not fish blue gills and have a fish fry ? steve you would probably get beat by a 5 year old lol
How about we take this to a new level. your in a BASS tourny. you land a 2 pound bass. its hooked DEEP you know it in no way will make it, do you box that fish for the betterment of the sport or do you become a total looser and toss the bloody thing back so you can keep fishing bigger fish?? . oh waite dont answer that I already know the what you will say. you box it right? lol .... how about your box dies half way thru the day do you start dumping fish and fish for one thats actually alive ?? . give me a break spare me the drama of americans........... surf my posts pal. you will see a hundred fish I have relieced........ i dont even see any you have cought here lol

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:10 pm 
Walleye Master

ouch, you have seen me catch fish twice bud...
you saw me hook a fish bad, and what did i do, i kept it, because i wasnt sure if it was going to make it.. you keep it in the live well, take the quater pound pentaly, find some one thats going to eat it... but your right, what i do and other guys do.. different story..

winning or losing meanins nothing to me, its all about doing the right thing, if i didnt think i could keep fish alive with out harming them, i wouldnt fish tournaments.. havent lost a fish yet. but how often does it really happen bass fishing ?? pike fishing different story..

when you say you dont agree with tournys you mean all tournys ?, and i get your point dead on.. including salmon walleye, etc.

i am the wrong person to judge for edicate.. i take kids with there dads or moms, fishing often, if they are on the dock, and i am going by my self, i offer, if a kid gives me a had with the boat etc, i toss them a bait, and not cheap lures, nice lucky craft stuff...
its not because i can afford it, its because the person i am.. i work a ton, to be able to afford the fishing i do...

wasnt actualy reffering to you... your canadian now, but i think this is what the americans down south i know belive when it comes to fishing, off course, i am reffering to the ones i know, not the actualy people down south...

live wells should be outlawed and taken off ALL boats!
See i take that as you say all fish should be kept...

i dont do fishing reports, not my thing, i only do mile stones, if i catch a new pb bass, walleye, rock bass, etc, i will take a picture and show it but, when your on the water 3-5 times a week, i would be uploading and resizing pictures every night..
guess you missed my new drop shot/ slammer p.b. 12 pound sheep head.. on 8 pound floro.
like i said, i often fish alone, so pictures are normaly of just the fish, hard to hold it and take a picture..

What kind of blue gill tournament are we talking here ?? size, amount ?? live bait, no live bait ?? actualy sounds like fun, but of course your right, i would probly get my butt vs a feild of 5 year old kids, 1 on 1, i would still lose, would be to busy giving the kid a hand, and i would feel horrible if i won... the kids are the future of are sport..

As allways grizz, your allways welcome in my boat...
but no team land shark thongs, have heard rumor of those... (should of said night mare)
steve

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:54 pm 
Walleye Master

yep and you have seen me catch fish and never seen me take one . limit is limit matters little but thats not the point. you can look back ive never been in favor of tournement fishing OR CULLING for that matter.......... i think you need to make the choice right then box or no box. but thats just not pratical in the BIG BAD WORLD OF FAME AND FORTUNE when it comes to beating someone at the game of fishing........... you say you won a tourny last month. your first ever win. please. post us the standing, tell us what tourny it was show us a url....... or was it the Nights of columbus in bum fuk egypt ? . sorry buddy i may live in Canada but im still american so i do take offence at what you said. this isnt a canadian /american thing to begin with and im sure the brothers here know and see that but it came from your keyboard not mine. for the record i didnt like tournemet fishing in America any more than I do in Canada. i think its tough on the fish reguardless of what water yer on. and for the record I dont believe you when you say you box a 2 pounder when you laid out 500 bucks to fish a tourny. i was born on a day just it wasnt yesterday! . its all about the WIN!! never about the fish! Give me one good reason a person would cull fish if they went in a tourny ? ........ and you put yourself way above many well noted and renouned fishermen becouse even the best in the world have had fish die in the box and tossed back fish they know would never live but no way thay are gonna box it and loose a tourny..........sorry bud im not buying it!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:12 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Grizz , i'm gonna start calling you Yoda the wise one , , but i still like a little competition once in while , I do think you are right Grizz ,so you beat a couple of pro's and get a nice payday , don't give up your day job , you need really deep pockets to run a Tourny trail or really good sponsers , if you want to make a living at it good luck , me i was not happy to see 80 boats out on all my favorite spots pounding the hell out of the bass and then taking them out of the area to be stressed and released in front of Kingston where i am sure there will be lots of people seeing floaters ,I do however recognize that a % of the money is given to the Soldier On program and to this i say Thanks to everybody involved it does help knowing that they are supporting of our armed forces. I do believe that a few of the pros ,JP , Bob Izumi and especally Big Jim donate much of their time to introduce kids and help the disabeled learn to fish my hat is off to them I just hope that when they are teaching kids that they impress the value of our resources as they are not limitless :D

Last edited by TrophyHunter on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:18 pm 
Walleye Master

i know alot of guys that have missed winning b/c of a dead fish, they could have tossed it and got bigger ones but its not ethical, so they kept it, took the penalty, but still didnt waste the fish

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:19 pm 
Walleye Angler

http://www.bigfatbass.com/viewthread.php?tid=17338

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:55 pm 
Walleye

was at weigh in on friday, watched about an hour of fish being transported from boat to tent , saw more bass belly up than right side up. thought / hoped it was due to the small bags that they were in and they couldnt get themselves corrected. 60% thats a damn shame ... did see the lads stuffing the release boat with ice. now this ice was from an ice company thought maybe should have been frozen lake water. due to the treatment of store bought ice haven small amts of chlorine , etc. ?

banner ad