Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:34 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:20 am 
Walleye Angler

Hi there
baygirl and I are investigating a 2-3 month (Jan-March 2012) winter getaway to the Clearwater/St Pete's side of Florida. We are looking for something with cooking facilities, swimming pool, not necessarily beach front; a good price and excellent condition. Trailer parks are ok. Any good recommendations or warnings of where or what to avoid would be greatly appreciated. bayboy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:41 pm 
Minnow

I have been going there for 30 years primarily in the St. Petes Beach but have been all around FLA. My wife and I have traveled all of Florida but would highly reccommend St. Petes as opposed to Clearwater as it is more central, with more to do and access and Clearwater is only 20-30 mins away. We typically go there for 3 weeks in May for Tarpon. I have excellent contacts for fishing guides, real nice people, the same as your use to on the BOQ. My wife catching a 150lb tarpon is on utube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob056Sg6v6o This year we bumped into Phil Kessel of the Maple Leafs tarpon fishing near Boca Grande, which is only 1.5 hrs from st Petes. Our family condo is at the Sylvette on St. Petes Beach a really well kept and maintained condo, owners there often advertise their homes for rent during that time, so therefore you may want to try condo corporations first by contacting condo managers. I have some good local spots for fishing from shore as well. Feel free to pm me for any additional information such as shopping and restaurants, we would be glad to help you out. We fish BOQ often and I have had a great experience with Grant & Gary of G2. Sorry I dont know much about trailer parks in Florida.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:02 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

If you do GOOGLE search, don't search for "trailer Parks" look for 'Mobile home Parks" BIG DIFFERENCE.

David aka Superdad

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:20 pm 
Walleye

snookinpickerel wrote:
I have been going there for 30 years primarily in the St. Petes Beach but have been all around FLA. My wife and I have traveled all of Florida but would highly reccommend St. Petes as opposed to Clearwater as it is more central, with more to do and access and Clearwater is only 20-30 mins away. We typically go there for 3 weeks in May for Tarpon. I have excellent contacts for fishing guides, real nice people, the same as your use to on the BOQ. My wife catching a 150lb tarpon is on utube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob056Sg6v6o This year we bumped into Phil Kessel of the Maple Leafs tarpon fishing near Boca Grande, which is only 1.5 hrs from st Petes. Our family condo is at the Sylvette on St. Petes Beach a really well kept and maintained condo, owners there often advertise their homes for rent during that time, so therefore you may want to try condo corporations first by contacting condo managers. I have some good local spots for fishing from shore as well. Feel free to pm me for any additional information such as shopping and restaurants, we would be glad to help you out. We fish BOQ often and I have had a great experience with Grant & Gary of G2. Sorry I dont know much about trailer parks in Florida.

i stay on the beach at indian rocks for mar every yr..... your best bet for reasonable place to stay is google... VACATION RENTALS BY OWNER... (VRBO).. check the area u want to stay in and send emails.. most have calendars showing availibility... book early with the canadian buck even and better, it fills fast.. many mobile parks , private homes and condos are availeable.. the tarpon start a bit after i leave end of mar.. but we catch shark whiting trout, flounder right off the beach.. when the spanish macks are running .. the sunshine skyway piers and fort desoto piers are awesome place......try vrbo.. thousands of units to be had and is less money than going thru rental agencies... good luck...mar is one of the most expensive months especially if you are on the beach........
terry

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:21 pm 
Walleye Angler

Greatly appreciate all the tips. Many thanks. :D bayboy

banner ad
banner ad