banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:55 am 
Walleye Angler

Hey guys.

This Friday I will be moving to Hay Bay, my new house is located in past Ram Island where the bay narrows before opening up to the back end of the bay. Kinda near the middle point between Ram Island and Pikerel Park.

Anyways, most of my fishing on the bay has been around Deseronto, so I am not at all familiar with hay bay. I was hoping that you might enlighten me as to how the ice fishing there is. Also is it more of a walleye spot or a bass spot, and if any of you live out there it would be nice to meet up.

Thanks for any info/tips.

Dan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:23 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

How near to Blakewoods are you????

Lots of good fishing in Hay Bay in the Spring and the Fall, to a lesser extent in the summer and first ice in the winter.

I'm located at Bayview Resort on the north shore.

Pictured below is my boat

Hay Bay / Kingston

Manufacturing UZICK Spinners for over 25 Years

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:16 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Welcome neighbour, sort of, lol.
I too live on the south shore only down closer to thompsons pt.
Lot of great eye fishing to be had right in hay bay and the ice fishing is pretty good.
When do you move in? Congrats on the new place.

FISH HUNTER

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:32 pm 
Walleye Angler

I am very close to Blakewoods, just a little east of there. I move there this Friday, so I imagine I'll be on the water sometime this weekend. That is as long as my wife lets me get away from the unpacking for a bit. I look forward to seeing you on the water.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:24 am 
Walleye

Welcome to the neighbourhood. Have had alot of luck back in the bay over the years, usually early in the season and the summer bass bite back where you are is out of this world. Many times we troll around Ram and pick up good eaters may and june (eyes). Follow the shoreline west to the boat launch and troll between there and the culvert. The sandy bay up to the reeds is weak unless you want to get into perch and sunfish. The reeds to the next point is very good for topwater bass. North shore from perfect vue to shermans point is as always very productive with the best being between the bend in the road (rock pile) to the boat launch in 14-17 FOW. My place is right near the launch and for ice fishing we just head straight out300yds and punch holes..

Possibly hook up next time I am down (oct 15th weekend) we are pulling the docks but plan on getting out all day saturday and a good part of sunday..

RED

teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Show him a fishing show, bore him to death...

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:23 am 
Walleye Angler

Thanks for all the tips Red. I look forward to meet up out there. Tomorrows the big moving day, so I am sure to hit the water some time next week.

banner ad
banner ad