Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: melville shoal last nite
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:20 pm 
Walleye

went to melville last nite, started fishing about 10 pm , with my buddy Lee, 1 other boat out there, fishin the deep side of shoal, we both miss 1 each in bout 20 ft of water. the end of first pass , Lee lands a nice 7lber. so i start up the shallow side in about 14 ft , i haul in an 11lb 10 oz. wally. nothing the rest way up the shallow side . get to the tip , get turned around , and Lee scores a nice 4 lber. no more than 5 min. later , my rod gets hit hard , say to lee this one is shakin much heavier than last. and then its gone :( . everthing is gone, forgot to check my line for nicks after last one . :roll: did 1 last pass, missed 1 each called it a nite. all were caught on gold husky jerks , banging bottom pretty much. the other boat we heard some hollerin a couple of times , so they either got into some fish or were listening to the ball game. lol. was a great calm nite to be out on the water .

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:28 pm 
Walleye Master

Thanks for the report Bud, now I now where to head for the tourney tomorrow. LOL!

[b][color=#00BFFF]Radioworld[/color
Proud Member Of CLOSA
Proud Member of LOTSA
MC Rockets
Atommik Tournament Flies
ITO Flies

The World is all about ass, you either kick it or lick it

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:47 pm 
Walleye Master

Hey, i said be quite about it when i gave you that spot..
there will be 20 boats on it tommorow now. lol.

Last edited by fireball on Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:40 pm 
Walleye Master

BigGene wrote:
Thanks for the report Bud, now I now where to head for the tourney tomorrow. LOL!

Hey Gene, you know of any gas pumps between Picton and there. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Al

Captain - Team ATOMMIK/Rockets

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:53 pm 
Walleye Master

its not worth the trip for a day time fish, melville is best in the evening and at night.
plus you pass the hydro plant which is a great spot, if you pay attention to the pictures guys post, you will often see bits of it in the back round, if you need big fish for your tournament, diffently give that area ago.
melville holds fish right from opening day till ice in, the fishing traffic this year is alot higher then i ever remember it.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:18 am 
Walleye Wisdom

FB , in the early 80's it would be nothing to see 10-12 boats out on Melville , Middle ground and snake island on any given night from Aug till ice up , seems the fishing died off some when the Black chickens invaded the area , the last few years they have been making a comeback , Pidgen island and Charity shoal are also great night spots , if you troll a pattern west to east around 12-20 fow you can't go wrong , wiggle warts and hot & Tots early in the season ( Aug ) switching to Husky jerks and other longer body baits as the water starts to cool , just for the record they can be had during the day , vertical jigging the south side of Big Mel in 35+ fow with gold champs tipped with Mud's , some of the boats you are seeing out there are Muskie fishermen and yes that was us cheering and yelling ( the Leaf's are making a run for the cup , they are on a roll ,start planning the parade) LMAO :lol: if you see a 25' Wilker that would be us trolling for Ski's :D

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:51 am 
Walleye Master

so much for Fireballs secret spot and the hush hush lol...... since he was born in the 90's I guess that shoal just popped up and became a hot spot in what 2001 lol

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:16 am 
Walleye Master

Sure do! Glenora Marina has gas.

[b][color=#00BFFF]Radioworld[/color
Proud Member Of CLOSA
Proud Member of LOTSA
MC Rockets
Atommik Tournament Flies
ITO Flies

The World is all about ass, you either kick it or lick it

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:40 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Grizz and Gene What are you guys doing up so late is it not past your bedtime :lol: It's about 24 miles from Glenora Marina to Melville shoal if you take the North channel , you can get gas a Portsmouth harbor , or the Kingston yaught Club by McDonald park , if you do go try Myles shoal :D but i think you would do better at Big Bar , Grape , and if you are early the sand bar from Nut to Amherst Island , 14 fow , Purple ,clown or Gold :wink:

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:07 pm 
Walleye Angler

good goin eye chaser, i still have not had a chance latelly to get out that way, sounds like i should make the time.....lol

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:52 pm 
Walleye Master

ouch, 90's. not that young, 80's. old man.

not a secret spot, a dangerous spot, if your not care full, lots of shoels, un marked rocks etc, in that area.
its in between the gap of amherst and simcoe. on a calm day like today. 15km/h sw winds, there is 3-4 foot waves in that area.
there was guys that drowned out there in june.. didnt know the area, hit a shoel.

You can joke all you want, grizz, but some of us care about others safety.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:38 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Fireball , easy big fella , Grizz was just poking fun and is one of the biggest promoters of safety on the water , but you are right it can be a very dangerous area at times ,i believe the two gents that drowned in the spring hit a shoal east of Howe island just a little bit north of Aubrey Island , The weather anywhere on the big O can blow-up in a hurry, but if you play your cards right you can have the outing you have always dreamed of , You were saying you would like to get a picture of your PB try the rock flats off of the western tip of Dupont bay, 12-28 fow , carolina rig's with a craw pattern look for the anchor on shore can't miss it , if they re not there now they soon will be , I am out in the area just about everyday from now till ice up and would be happy to take your picture for you , sorry if i have given away your hot spots , but one mans secret spot is 100 others too and the more guys that fish and promote our sport will help introduce the younger generation to the outdoors , PS to the shore fishermen reading a lot of shoreline along the front road area will produce big smallmouth this time of year :wink: Bill

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:48 pm 
Walleye Master

You're right fb, it blows up with the littlest of winds out there. Was out in aug and it went from glass to caps in 1hr. Gotta be ready to pull lines on short notice for sure. I've been wanting to try big bar or charity or traverse, never been...

https://kingstonsportfishing.ca/

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:53 pm 
Walleye Master

Bill. you da man. you should have yer own show, maybe call it fishing with Grizz *Wink Wink* you can play the streight teacher type fisherman and I can play the idiot who knows nuttin. bout fishun, whatch think ? will my snoopy poll stand up to the pressure of a ski at 5 mph ??
And on a more Serious note. Fireball you just told people to go out to a very dangerious spot AT NIGHT . eyes wide** and you wanna preach safty ?? . Humm. Ya ok! lol

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:12 pm 
Walleye Master

i do belive the origanal post stated, they fished at 10pm. hello. generaly people read post one before they read post 4..
Can you please stop attacking me, i dont know what your problem is, you know i cant take it..

banner ad
banner ad