Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:39 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Fall Fishing
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:59 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

Hey guys/gals,

I don't post much...usually just log in and get a few laughs every now and then. I know a few of the board members and have fished with a few of you as well.

It looks like there are a few new members to the board and I would say "hello to all"! This is a good site and other than some "kidding" there is some good information passed along by the regular posters.

I wasn't able to do much fishing this summer as the "boss" had me booked 24/7. I have been able to get out a bit as of late and have had decent success. I did look at some other posts and most of the presentations and patterns that are working have already been covered. If I could add anything it would be that when you do get "bit" you have to stay on the fish! The fish will MOVE up and down the Bay and go shallow and deeper very quickly. If you just keep trolling for another mile it makes it very difficult to get right back on top of those same ACTIVE fish (even with gps). There is a ton of bait right now and by the time you get back to those same fish they might all be full!!

Sounds like the ORWL guys are going to be in town for a G2G this week-end. It will be nice to see some more boats on the water as the weather looks like its going to cooperate. Better get to the ramps early if you want good parking!

Speaking of boat ramps...... it is FALL and there are fewer and fewer places to launch your boat. I know not everyone has a 4wd rig to launch/load their boat but as a reminder don't forget to let your trailer drain for a couple of seconds at the bottom of the ramp after you launch/load. With the colder wx it only takes a few boats to make the ramp into an ice-slide. I have seen people sliding back down the ramp before and it is not funny. Also, don't forget to pull (and replace) your drain plug for your bilge. Any water in there freezes quickly and doesn't like to thaw very fast. Pumps don't seem to work very well when they are frozen in a block of ice. (they burn up too) ! Finally if you don't have a float suit at least wear your life-jacket if you are alone. And if you are with your buddy make sure they know how to run the boat if you decide to take a "swim" I hate to sound like captain safety here but there is a saying "50 yrs old, 50 degree water, 5 minutes" (I think thats how it goes anyway).

Good luck to all this fall and I will see you on the water!

P.S. if anyone has tried to e-mail me this summer well........I had a little problem with Rogers and my old Dell... 8O !

NPAA#297,
nwernerfishing@hotmail.com
Facebook- Werners Angling Adventures

Post subject: Re: Fall Fishing
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:52 pm 
Walleye

Nic...I am new to the board last week and you make some excellent points and reminders.

Thanks.

Steve
from Muskoka

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:48 pm 
Walleye

excellent post,always a good thing to remind people on safety.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:10 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Good post and tips thanks. I'm pretty new to fall fishing I used to be done labour day weekend! I would have never thought of letting the trailer drain.. I'd be the guy watering down the ramp and quite possibly the one sliding back in later.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:17 pm 
Goby

good post; thanks for the reminders...

banner ad