Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: Remembrance Day Weekend
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:35 am 
Walleye

I've been "stalking" this board for the past 3 years and finally got ambitious enough to join. I'll be making the trek east next week on Thurs-Sun with 2 friends to try our luck again. Staying at the Sportsmen, will have black Ram with 17' Crestliner with Mariner and Merc kicker. If you see me out on the water/launch/motel, would love to meet any of you and talk about successes/failures of the day. Sure hope the action picks up, sounds slow so far from what I've seen.

This will be our 2nd trip, was there for the same weekend last year with minimal success, however my brother did get his first ever walleye - 11lbs - so he was pretty excited so that made it worth the trip. Attached a pic.

I'm an Erie troller so if anyone wants tips/tricks/advice for the waters around Port Colborne / Point Abino from June - Sept, feel free to PM me.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:41 am 
Walleye Master

Welcome, nice first post. Good luck on the upcoming visit. Looks like the last trip had it's moments. Nice Fish!

[b][color=#00BFFF]Radioworld[/color
Proud Member Of CLOSA
Proud Member of LOTSA
MC Rockets
Atommik Tournament Flies
ITO Flies

The World is all about ass, you either kick it or lick it

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:00 pm 
Walleye

Welcome aboard...I joined last week...gotta love those 1st posts with photos eh fellas?

Good luck with your trip...your timing is better than mine but I know Quinte holds surprises. Wish I were back down but cannot get clearance from the "war department"!

Make it an annual and we will meet up next year.

Steve
from Muskoka

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:12 pm 
Walleye Angler

welcome!, thats a beauty fish, plenty more to come..

Good luck!!

Code

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:10 pm 
Baitfish

Hope you have good luck,,Iam holding off for another week or two. Just a heads up we got burned at the sportsmen last year,will never stay there again,booked the room and told her it was for 4 adults so needed at least 2 doubles or a cot and futon (which we booked). When we got there she said that they dont allow more than 2 adults per room due to there sewers, than said it was due to fire code. She said we needed to book another room, what do you do at 9pm so we took it in the azz with no lube. If there's more than 5 guys with boats there you will not get any parking. BEWARE SHE'S A REAL B ITCH.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:51 pm 
Walleye Master

I'll be there same days next week. Staying at Merland Park. Hopefully the Wind Gods will be on my side.

Good Luck!!

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:17 pm 
Walleye

HUSKY JERK wrote:
Hope you have good luck,,Iam holding off for another week or two. Just a heads up we got burned at the sportsmen last year,will never stay there again,booked the room and told her it was for 4 adults so needed at least 2 doubles or a cot and futon (which we booked). When we got there she said that they dont allow more than 2 adults per room due to there sewers, than said it was due to fire code. She said we needed to book another room, what do you do at 9pm so we took it in the azz with no lube. If there's more than 5 guys with boats there you will not get any parking. BEWARE SHE'S A REAL B ITCH.

Thanks for the heads up, I guess we better "sneak" the 3rd guy in!!

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:18 pm 
Walleye

Walleye 9 wrote:
I'll be there same days next week. Staying at Merland Park. Hopefully the Wind Gods will be on my side.

Good Luck!!

I pray to the same gods when you only have a 17 footer. Stayed at Merland last year, loved it, lots of fellow walleye chasers there to talk with, just wanted to try and save a little money this year. Good luck!

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:08 pm 
Guppy

Hey there smilenwave17. Be up there Nov11 weekend. Coming up from Ancaster way. I also fish Erie, more Port Burwell for eyes. Be staying at The Picton Bay Inn. Be in a 18foot tan Sylvan. Tried to book Merlands Park but they were all booked. Great place to stay.
May see you on the water. Phantom on VHF (Pete).

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:30 pm 
Baitfish

We are also coming up for the weekend starting the night of the 9th, staying at the Picton Harbour Inn, in the 2 bed appartment??? We'll be in a Blue Jeep, 17' foot Lowe with riggers. Say high if you see us, we usually need some help!

Thanks

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:03 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Good luck out there next weekend.

I'm hopefully coming down to fish for the day on Sunday the 13th. Will probably launch at the ferry. 17 foot Tracker, radio call Eye Candy.

JimW

Smiths Falls DCI Redhawks Fishing Team Coach

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:21 am 
Walleye Master

Was looking at the wind forecast. Nothing less than 25 km/h and gusts up to 40 km/h from Thursday to Saturday. Not really sure what effect those wind speeds will have on the water, but doesn't sound good. Hope I'm wrong!!!!!

banner ad
banner ad