banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Nov 5th trout trip
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:12 pm 
Walleye Angler

Headed out before light with a friend who has never landed splake or rainbow. 2/3 of the way to the first lake there became a loud howling noise from the rear end of the truck figured its most likely a differental or axel bearing. Decided to go fishing anyway. First lake is for Splake. Hard time locating the fish but once we did we landed 14 and a number got away at the boat with 2 double headers! Most about 12" long but a couple approx 18". Happier than PIS :D and testing our luck at fishing and my hurting truck we drive to another lake for rainbow. Also had a hard time locating fish- not marking much of anything anywhere and thinking we should have stayed with splake. I change lure 2min later I have a fish on buddy yells I have a fish on. Both thinking we its one fish but were tangled. Nope! I see mine and his beautiful 22"er jumps out of the water. Its a DOUBLE HEADER again. I quickly net mine. Here is where things turn for the worst :cry: Put my rod down as usual with the lure hanging over the side to not get tangled or hooked. Net buddies awsome first bow and in the boat. Unhook it and a couple high fives. Buddy says look at the fish. Turn and look a nice bow with a lure in its mouth and my rod following close behined :evil: Another fish must have followed ours up and took the lure beside the boat when we were netting his 8O Truck made it home loudly. An amazing fishing trip with a good friend and his 2 firsts and my first rod on the bottom. Great day even though I have $200 sitting at the bottom of a lake with a nice bow hooked to it :evil: Sorry no pics wife took the camera today.
Grillzy

Last edited by Grillzy on Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Nov 5th trout trip
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:35 pm 
Walleye Master

Awesome !!! The wife and I love trout fishing.! Here are a couple of pics from last weekends adventure up "North" in the ponds.

Wendy's nice speckle.
I went to a Halloween party later that night as "The trout master". :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:53 pm 
Walleye Master

Two years ago we were up ice fishin speckies in some ponds , Wes from Bay Marine was up there as well and his cousin Andrew ( I ice fish all the time up there) had a hit and lost his pole through the ice. He was pissed that he lost his favorite icefishing rig and didn't have another with him. Well Andrew quickly found a branch and I gave him some line and he set back up in the same hole. Five minutes later, we see his line bouncing. He scooted over to the hole, pulled up the line and damn his rig came up the hole and a nice 3 lb speckie on the end of it. The wife has pictures of it somewhere. :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:06 pm 
Walleye Angler

In the winter I would cut the hole bigger and dive in for it b/c I'd be fishing in 10' or less. Sucks when it 30' down in 2-3sec. I did take the other rod and cast out hoping to hook it-nope.
Grilzy

Post subject: Nov 5th trout trip
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:35 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Good for you grizz. Il be hitting some splake and yr brookie lakes around our camp in apsley Tuesday.