banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Sep 25, 2024 3:22 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:30 pm 
Walleye Angler

Headed out today with my father and son. Windy so we selected 2 lakes with the most protection from the wind. First off Splake. 9 in the boat- kept one badly injured one. My son landed his first 2 splake! He was very excited. After lunch taking a stab at rainbow. I laned 2 :) I find hid hard to locate fish this time of year but once I do game is on!

Interesting note- this fall I have marked very little fish on the fish finder but still hit them. All summer long I could almost mark fish and expect a hit. Does temperature play a part in the finders accuracy?
Grillzy

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:00 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Nice grizz i hope its your sons first of many. I'm out for trout again this thursday

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:21 pm 
Walleye Master

Hi Grillzy. I don't know what you have for a finder but what is probably happening is the fish are giving your boat a wide birth outside of your transducer angle and are coming at you from behind hitting you lures. This time of year they seem to get a little more skittish when it comes to motor noise and they swing away from the boat that is why you see guys running boards to get there lines away from the boat. It is all a matter of your cone angle, water depth, etc, etc. Glad to see you caught some and by the look of the grip your little guy has on that fish I don't think it was getting away from him. lol .. Fred

Fishy Fishy In The Bay, Bite This Line And Make My Day....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:25 pm 
Walleye Angler

GRILL,

I have had the opportunity to work on a boat his past summer tending to the helm,
Watching speed and tempurature.

The Only time i can remember marking something and getting a catch after it, Was when i Saw a huge ball of "BAIT" . Any other hooks strips or tags on the finder Was just a crap shoot, learn the fish you want to target and find their Particular feeding tempurature.
Cause TEMP has everything to do with catching the next fish.. some just bite cause they are stupid or out of food...

~Jeremy.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:27 pm 
Walleye

are the rainbows coming in now from lake ontario as well?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:32 am 
Walleye Wisdom

WalleyeFreak1972 wrote:
are the rainbows coming in now from lake ontario as well?

Ganny is but we need a good day of rain to get some steelies on the move in other tribs.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:15 am 
Walleye Angler

Fred Fisher wrote:
Hi Grillzy. I don't know what you have for a finder but what is probably happening is the fish are giving your boat a wide birth outside of your transducer angle and are coming at you from behind hitting you lures. This time of year they seem to get a little more skittish when it comes to motor noise and they swing away from the boat that is why you see guys running boards to get there lines away from the boat. It is all a matter of your cone angle, water depth, etc, etc. Glad to see you caught some and by the look of the grip your little guy has on that fish I don't think it was getting away from him. lol .. Fred

Thats what I was thinking. From spring to now I saw a slow progression of fish shying away and I have addapted my technique to keep the catch rate up. Mid summer I would often mark fish and then have a hit. All part of the fun fishing is seeing what works and what doesn't.
Grillzy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:25 am 
Walleye Master

That pine tree in the background on the 1st pic looks very familiar. :D :D :wink:

Good job with the son. Like the big smile.

Al

Captain - Team ATOMMIK/Rockets

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:42 pm 
Walleye Angler

Trannyman1 wrote:
That pine tree in the background on the 1st pic looks very familiar. :D :D :wink:
Al

:oops:

banner ad