banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 1:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:44 pm 
Walleye Angler

There are a couple small changes for this year to help things move along even more smoothly. As only one team opted out of the big fish pool last year, this year it will be included in the entry fee. Launch fees are also included. Also, to encourage ealry registration, monthly draw prizes will take place for teams registered until the event. There will also be a cut off date for teams to register by. With the help of so many great sponsors, this should be the best Walleye Open yet! See you there!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:20 pm 
Walleye

email sent requesting information..
thanks
terry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:14 pm 
Walleye Angler

I've had a few emails with questions so I thought I would post the answers up here to help anyone else that may be asking the same things....

There is plenty of room at centennial park in Deseronto. You can launch elsewhere if you like but you need to check in at the ramp with officials on the morning of prior to blast off to confirm your start number and to get boat check instructions. No waters are 'closed'. So long as you get there by boat the area is not off limits. Hope that helps.

Any more questions just post them on the forum here. Lots of guys here have fished it before and we will all be glad to help out.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:31 pm 
Walleye

thanks kevin, for the prompt reply.. looks like a fun day and we are interested and will send entry fee soon..
terry...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:58 pm 
Walleye Master

Sounds like an Awesome Tournament!!!! Just wondering if there was actually a "Bay of Quinte" tournament similar to this, that was confined to "Bay of Quinte" water???? Shouldn't this be titled Quinte/Lake Ontario Walleye Open???

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:17 pm 
Walleye Angler

Thanks, we do our best to make it as 'awesome' as possible! The real credit goes to the great fishing in the Quinte region though. To answer your first question, I personally don't know of any large scale, live release, 'Bay of Quinte only' walleye tournaments. For our tournament, if you can get there by boat from blast off, it's fair game. Not many teams venture out of the Bay of Quinte, although I believe last year's winners went on a long range 'hero or zero' mission and came back heroes! I doubt that will ever happen again but if anyone wants to run long and far, well it's their gas money. Thus the name Quinte Walleye Open instead of Bay of Quinte Walleye Open. People who don't live here, especially anglers, often only think of the bay when they hear the word Quinte, not realizing the entire region goes by that name. The bay is so famous it's hard to really blame them for the misunderstanding. For example, half the shoreline of Quinte Isle (aka Prince Edward County plus that little bit near Trenton that isn't "the county") is on Lake Ontario, not to mention East and West Lakes and Lake Consecon. Most of us would also consider the Quinte area to reach at least as far North as hwy 7 too. We think the name is a good fit and celebrates the fact that our home, Quinte, is probably the greatest walleye destination in North America.

Hope you get a couple pals together and give it a try! See you in Deseronto!

Kevin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:45 pm 
Walleye Master

Thanks Kevin, that's the best explanation I've heard about this. Really clears things up. This topic has come up in the past about tournament waters, but have never really heard an explanation. Usually just a bunch of people arguing about boundaries. Big boat vs. small boat kinda thing. I guess it's up to the individual if they feel they can compete against the people running into Lake Ontario. Would be nice to see an actual "Bay Of Quinte" tournament of this caliber. I'm sure there would be alot of interest.

Thanks Again!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:05 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Thanks for all the info provided in this thread.

I'm hoping to put together a 3 man team and come down from Ottawa.

Looks like a good tournament.

JimW

Smiths Falls DCI Redhawks Fishing Team Coach

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:04 pm 
Walleye Master

Just a question about the Liability Insurance. Was looking at my policy, and it states I have $1,000,000 coverage under 2 headings. "Protection and Indemnity" and "Uninsured Boater" Are either of these considered Liability Coverage??

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:27 pm 
Walleye Angler

Sounds like it to me. You should check with your broker though.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:03 pm 
Walleye Master

Hi Kevin, I went to Canadian Tire Belleville, and Pro Advantage this weekend, and neither one of them had entry forms. Is there any other way I can get a form?? I don't live in the area, and will most likely not be around till early May.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:13 pm 
Walleye Angler

We'll make sure Canadian Tire gets some more forms asap. The owner at ProAdvantage was working the fishing show this week and had someone covering for him. There are forms there, but the guy must not have known about them. If you can't get into Belleville just print off a copy of the one in this post and mail it in. Sorry for the hassle. Shoot me a PM if I can do anything morr to help.

Kevin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:34 am 
Walleye Master

Ok cmon people. Hardwater season is over and its time to think about those spring eyes. Team Landshark is back in for this great event.. who else is in or thinking about it?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:01 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

The Fat Guys are in again for sure!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:12 pm 
Walleye Master

Trying to make it out. Don't know if I can swing the date yet. Sounds like a good time!!!!

banner ad