Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 5:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:09 am 
Walleye Master

This past weekend my boys and I cleaned up the litter on the road I live on with my boys for the upcoming Quinte West Trash Bash. Before we started, I told them we can litter like the other inconsiderate people and add to the garbage, we can do nothing but complain about the garbage, or we can do something about it and make it better. They chose to make it better and we went out cleaning. As a result, my boys are now proud of our nice clean road. I know it won’t stay like that, but we’ll do it again next year.

Yesterday we went to the Glen Ross dam and lock area and we were ashamed and disgusted by the amount of garbage in this area. Unfortunately much of this is by our fellow fishermen.

But simply put, it won’t clean itself up.

We made up our minds we were going to try and make this area better as well. If anyone would like to help, we will be there rain or shine on Saturday morning, April 21st to make it better. There is just too much for my family to do this by ourselves in the one morning we have for the Trash Bash. But we will do our best. If anyone would like to help us out, it would be appreciated.

Garbage bags and gloves are available free of charge at 14A Wellington Street, (temporary Frankford office) between 8:30 and 4:30 on Monday to Friday. I can get extras if anyone needs help getting them. I will take care of making sure the garbage gets to the proper Batawa bin site.

I hope some of the fellow fishermen, women and children who also use this area will come help us out and show that we care too.

Dave (Adventure)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:30 am 
Walleye Wisdom

My My MY what a sporting thing to do :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
although i don't get to those areas i'm sure people will notice :roll:
hope it cathes them in the mood to help you and the young lads
thank you for caring

the ole bluedog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:41 pm 
Walleye Angler

Good for you adventure. We live in Batawa and have taken part in the trash bash every year since It's started. We have even won two years in a row for most trash collected and had a blast doing it. This year I won't be home to take part in it and my young lad is very Ill ,so I don't think they will even be able to go out. We always make it a habbit to pick up trash when we go to the water, because like you said, there is to many people who just don't care what they leave behind. Bunch of slobs.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:35 pm 
Walleye Master

Thanks Zoomer2. It's nice to hear others like yourself are out there doing what they can to help out our as well. TOo bad to hear you won't be out again and hope your son gets better soon.

I've been doing our own road for years as well just north of Frankford. I cleaned Deer Run Road 3 or 4 years ago and brought in my trailer loaded to the top. (5'x10'x4') Everything from pool liners to TV's and everything inbetween.

It gets easier each year though so that's why we thought we would go out further in the area. It's shameful how much garbage is in Glen Ross. So we thought we would get an early start and got two full bags tonight. And we only went halfway to the dam and back. It's hard to believe how many worms are fed to the fish there. We lost count of the containers.

We hope to be able to finish the area around the dam tomorrow. There's not a chance we can even get to the area below the locks. I guess that will have to wait until next year.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:40 am 
Walleye Master

Very good values you are teaching your children Adventure. Nice to see other people out there that care enough to get involved and make a difference. It always amazes me how careless people get with there garbage and often within a few feet of a garbage can. There are many times i go out and bring back garbage i never took and Trash Bash is like a full time job...

Fishy Fishy In The Bay, Bite This Line And Make My Day....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:36 pm 
Walleye Master

Well the little guys were troopers and there's 17 bags full less garbage in the Glen Ross dam and lock area now. And we never got to the north side of the lock channel. I can only hope this raises the awareness to everyone out there and maybe a few who read this will take out a little garbage with them and leave their fishing spot a little cleaner than than when they arrived.

If we all did that, it would be a much nicer trip out fishing the next time for everyone. And maybe, just maybe the slobs will think twice about littering in a cleaned up area.

One can dream.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:55 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Adventure, thanks for your efforts, and those of your boys, in cleaning up after the mess left by others. Too bad others feel it's ok to just leave all that trash behind them. I have no doubt you will be rewarded by having two young men that anybody would be glad to share the woods and water with. Well done.

"Fish Hard, Hunt Hard, Live Hard"

http://www.muskiescanada.ca/