Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:38 am 
Walleye Angler

Good news for us Canadian anglers - Navionics Freshest Data is starting to roll out in Canada. As they start to ramp up in Canada corrections and missing data will be added to local lakes and rivers. As they become available I will post screen shots and up dates on this site. :wink:

Navionics has added new lake data stretching from Lake Winnipeg, Manitoba all the way to Lake of The Woods, Ontario. New contouring detail is constantly being added to our charts by using the latest technology: satellite imagery, airborne laser, sonar, plus hundreds of thousands of changes made by our community members through User Generated Content.

This coverage includes the following lakes:

Lake Name Province
Dorothy Lake Manitoba
Eaglenest Lake Manitoba
Eleanor Lake Manitoba
Lac du Bonnet Manitoba
Margaret Lake Manitoba
Natalie Lake Manitoba
Numao Lake Manitoba
Nutimik Lake Manitoba
Sylvia Lake Manitoba
Lake Winnipeg Manitoba
Big Sand Lake Ontario
Little Sand Lake Ontario
Swan Lake Ontario

For more information on Freshest data please visit Navionics

-sheldon

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:30 am 
Walleye

Apparently the fish'n'chip is being discontinued, i'm assuming something will be replacing it? radioworld has the fish'n'chip at clearance pricing so I grabbed one the other day, it's $150, and the only other navionics chip with detailed lake ontario maps is $250 (compatible with my humminbird 587ci that is!)

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:06 am 
Walleye Master

im getting the hot maps platinum c6 chip, its 199$ and is pretty solid for eastern lake o and back lakes...

https://kingstonsportfishing.ca/

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:27 am 
Walleye Catcher

ktownfire wrote:
Apparently the fish'n'chip is being discontinued, i'm assuming something will be replacing it? radioworld has the fish'n'chip at clearance pricing so I grabbed one the other day, it's $150, and the only other navionics chip with detailed lake ontario maps is $250 (compatible with my humminbird 587ci that is!)

I bought the fish n chip and sent it back to SAIL. I noticed that the BOQ is in Metres, even though it says feet. There are problems with this chip. I called Navionics and they gave me the run around for 2 weeks telling me that the "fish n chip" is discontinued and there was nothing they could do to help me. I told them that i just bought it, but they didn't care.... I called SAIL and they said there were aware of a bad batch of Fish N Chips... took it back and they refunded it for a Hotmaps.... avoid the fish n chip. Or at least make sure you know they are discontinued and won't have updates. Get the hotmaps. Navionics support is not very good, at least in my experience.

B

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:53 pm 
Walleye Master

biff wrote:
ktownfire wrote:

I bought the fish n chip and sent it back to SAIL. I noticed that the BOQ is in Metres, even though it says feet. There are problems with this chip. I called Navionics and they gave me the run around for 2 weeks telling me that the "fish n chip" is discontinued and there was nothing they could do to help me. I told them that i just bought it, but they didn't care.... I called SAIL and they said there were aware of a bad batch of Fish N Chips... took it back and they refunded it for a Hotmaps.... avoid the fish n chip. Or at least make sure you know they are discontinued and won't have updates. Get the hotmaps. Navionics support is not very good, at least in my experience.

B

I here that Biff. I bought the fish n chip last summer from RadioWorld shipped for $227.00 and then find out that Navionics discontinued them. So much for updates and support... I would think the fare thing for Navionics to do would be to allow fish n chip owners to upgrade there chip for a reasonable cost but I doubt that they would take the people that support them into consideration. I know how much i will spend in there products from now on... $ 0.00

Fishy Fishy In The Bay, Bite This Line And Make My Day....

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:11 pm 
Walleye Master

waht kind of support is actually needed for the chips? I mean i know there are updates like every gps mapping but does it really change that much? I am using a hot maps chip currently that is atleast 4 yrs old and no issues. Im asking because i truly dont know what else would be important? From what i've seen virtually all of the work on updates they've done of late were for USA and western canada which wouldnt matter to me?

just curious?

https://kingstonsportfishing.ca/

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:17 pm 
Walleye

I plan on using the fish'n'chip for lake O, i have the c6 chip for BOQ, hopefuly there are no issues!

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:41 am 
Walleye Catcher

BigMac wrote:
waht kind of support is actually needed for the chips? I mean i know there are updates like every gps mapping but does it really change that much? I am using a hot maps chip currently that is atleast 4 yrs old and no issues. Im asking because i truly dont know what else would be important? From what i've seen virtually all of the work on updates they've done of late were for USA and western canada which wouldnt matter to me?

just curious?

any kind of support that fixes blatant bugs.

if they send out a chip that says feet, but it is in meters, it is a bug.... When you call them, and tell them something like this, they go to their cartography dept. and ask them to assess and correct. They will then issue an update to the chip (support it). I spent numerous hours begging them to fix my fish n chip to no avail. The Hotmaps C6 chip is GREAT in both my hummingbird 597 and Lowrance HDS7.

banner ad
banner ad