banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:59 am 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Went for a fish up in the east Hay Bay flats on Saturday AM, got pike, walleye, perch, and LM bass. Had the alarm sound in my kicker control, so we shut down and headed back after a couple hours.

Other reports from Saturday were all positive, people arriving at the dock with four, five and some with eight fish, nothing big but proper table fare.

I hauled my boat out and couldn't figure what was going on, the alarm was sounding as soome as I turned the kicker on.... Made arrangements for a trip to the shop.

Sunday saw some boats out in front of Bayview and one of the campers at Bayview landed a really nice 26"walleye (Approx 6.5lbs). It was Newfies' Personal Best - he was a happy fisher. People still arriving at the dock with fish.

Back out on Monday evening to take the boat on Tuesday and those people fishing were still getting all sorts of fish in front of Bayview Resort.

MY Boat story: Took the boat to MP Marine (north of Kingston) and the trouble shooting began, from the appearance and testing, it was figured that the motor was ok, took the kicker control panel off and disconnected the alarm. Picked up an new alarm in Gan and the new one was in the unit by 1230 - PROBLEM SOLVED........

Back to Hay Bay and load the boat and put her in the water, ready for the weekend. All's well that ends well......

The main gist of the report is state that fish are being caught all over Hay Bay, from the flats to Ram Island and they're using spinners and worms and cranks also.

Hope it continues til the weekend.

David aka Superdad

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:17 am 
Walleye Catcher

Thanks for the report Superdad, saw you trolling there Saturday before the wind picked up

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:19 am 
Walleye

Great report Superdad!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:27 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for sharing that. I'll be out a couple times over the weekend and looking forward to it

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:18 am 
Walleye Master

Glad to hear things are hoppin' in Hay Bay.

However, even more glad that your motor troubles were caused by a faulty alarm - and not the alternative!

Hope the Brauns are also knockin' them out there!

Great stuff Dave!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:23 am 
Walleye

Your not alone with your motor troubles David. Just got mine back after having my lower unit seals changed for the second time this spring. I guess they didn't bother to pressure test it the first time and tore up the shaft seal on installation. Oh, well nothing money can't fix. It's the four trips to the shop, stripping the boat down and cancelled fishing trips already this spring due to gremlins that are starting to really get under my skin. Hopefully all is fixed and I'll be able to take advantage of some of the great fishing being experienced all over Lake O this spring. Thanks for posting and tightlines dude.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:47 am 
Walleye Wisdom

I was out with my Father and nephew on Saturday...was heading from Mohawk Trailer Park where I was staying for the weekend for the Father son weekend to get my ipod from Donna at Cedar Point in Hay Bay and had the similar issues.

My alarm went the night before but was getting low on oil. NP and filled the tank. Alarm didn't stop but knew my ECM was getting flakey and was told to run it anyways when it first started and seeing water discharging, knowing oil was good and pressure gauge ok, did just that.

Was just at the cove before CPR going FOT and wow, did my motor rev high! I think...well hope, it was a hub in the prop so it's going in to West End Marine this week.

All in all, we remained positive as we were close to the Resort. John and Donna (owners) were very welcoming to us and thankfully, John was on his way into Napanee so drove me the extra way to Deseronto to get my jeep and trailer so I could haul it outta there.

Did manage 4 good eaters Friday afternoon in the river so was still able to have something for our Saturday dinner.

In the end, I had a good laugh when my nephew said "Uncle Paul, does everyone have as much trouble with their boats as you do?!?"

I'm thinking the nephew is the jynx. There's always something when he's with me but we'll keep trying. :)

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:26 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

We had 2 boats out on Friday night. Ended up with 3 total, in the 3 lbs range. Trolling Jerks and Raps. Glad to hear a bunch are being caught.

banner ad