Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 12:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:44 pm 
Walleye

Good Evening ladies and gents in the fishing world

I hope the forum moderators dont mind me posting this tournament on the Quinte board, but i am running a bass tournament in memory of my father who sadly passed away last october at the age of 62. He was a huge fan of my passion for fishing and also used to go with me quite a bit. He took the long trip with me to Muskoka to pick up my Triton that i own now, and thats a memory i will never forget. The tournament came about at the funeral when a few buddies mentioned we should do a tourny in his memory.

The original plan was to host it on Collins Lake in Inverary, but the tournament slowly, then very quickly, came to become larger then i thought. I have moved the tournament to be launched out of Seeley's Bay on Whitefish, and the entire system is available to be fished including Dog and Cranberry. Blast off and weigh in will be done at the ramp in seeleys bay where they have lots of boat parking with the amount of boat slips there is, as well lots of parking in the field behind the legion.

The tournament is not only a Memorial to remember my father, but also is a fundraiser for the Kingston Humane Society. 25 dollars from the entry fee is going striaght to the Kingston HS. My Dad was in love with our dog Buddy who we got from the KHS. was his best friend, he went everywhere he did, in the truck, for walks, and sometimes he tagged along in the boat.

The style of the tournament is a "singles" tournament so everyone thats in the boat will fish against another. it keeps things fun, and more competitive between boat mates. i have fished many tournament this way and its alot of fun. you can either fish alone, or fish with someone, but they are on their own weights.

To date i have interest in 39 people.

here is the information for the tournament. There will also be a BBQ afterwards which the money raised from that will and support the KHS as well.

Thanks for your time

Marco McRae

First Annual Leon McRae Memorial Bass Tournament “Gorilla Cup”
In Support with the Kingston Humane Society of Kingston, this tournament will act as a fundraiser as well as a competitive Bass Tournament.
50 percent of the entry fees will go towards the Kingston Humane Society as a Donation in my Father’s name, while the other 50 percent goes towards the winner’s pool
Tournament Info:
• Where: Whitefish-Cranberry-Dog Lakes- Seeley’s Bay Boat Ramp (parking at field)
• When: August 12, 2012
• Hours: 7am-2pm
• 5 fish limit
• Anglers will fish as individuals (No Teams)
• $50 entry fee
• $25 goes to Humane Society $20 goes into Winners Pot $5 to big fish
• Top three anglers win pot 60% 1st 25% 2nd 15% 3rd
• BBQ to follow after weigh-in $2 a burger or dog $1 a pop-Proceeds to Kingston Humane Society

Please contact me if you are committed and willing to participate in this tournament with your name, if you are a boater or non-boater, and email address so I can keep everyone updated with this tournament and any other info I get as times gets closer

Please indicate your t shirt size as their will be Memorial T shirts made for this event

Thanks for your support
Marco McRae
613-217-8778
lmcrae4@cogeco.ca

banner ad