Tourism
Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Oct 12, 2024 2:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:02 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Its not fast at all, i don't even own one actually.

I hate bass fishing, bass season and bass. I dislike eating them, catching them and seeing them. The thing i hate the most about bass season is the myriad of bass boats that buzz up and down the bay. Especially the ones that skim by you at 150 miles an hour while you are still fishing your favorite weed bed.

I usually try to exercise etiquette and use the 2 1/2 miles of water on either side of a parked boat to go around them opposed to buzzing by them by 25 feet. Picton seems to be the worst place in my opinion for inconsiderate bass boaters. They want to show you just how fast they can go and ensure you can truly see them. To the 2 guys in the red bass boat that flew by me on the way in at around 1pm, i was the one that didn't wave to you. To the 3 guys that blew by me on the way out at 6am, i didn't wave to you either. Thanks for showing me how fast your boat is, but truly, i didn't like them at all.

Thanks for all the other bass boats that did'nt and don't buzz the shore line and / or my parked boat in complete disregard for human life. This just causes damaged to moared boats, shore line and my weed bed that i was enjoying.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:24 pm 
Walleye Master

Wow, I must say that is the greatest post I have ever read, thank you for that. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:01 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Good post. I've had my share of bass boats skimming by me and my kids and I'm pretty sick of it too. One day driving like that they will have a problem. We can only hope they don't hurt someone in the process.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:04 pm 
Walleye Master

Best thread title EVA !!!!! :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:32 pm 
Perch

I quit fishing for walleye on the Bay of Quinte because of the inconsiderate bass boats during the mid summer months. As soon as the temperature drops they put away those pretty sparkly things for the winter. That's where the real fishermen start fishing. My two cents worth.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:40 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Great post Biff, hope all the bass guys read it (not all are bad)... Makes you wish you were aloud to bring your paintball gun out on the boat with you, then you can target 2 species....Walleye and Other...lol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:41 pm 
Walleye Angler

When I was a kid I lived for walleye opener. I had a 12ft aluminum and a 4.5 hp evinrude and I would troll and jig from dusk to dawn. Some jerk in a big fancy rig always cut my line on opener without fail. One year on opener, three times, I lost my line and bait to walleye fisherman who ran too close to me. Those walleye guys knew I couldn't catch them or do anything about it. I swore that someday I would have the biggest and fastest boat around and then maybe those clowns wouldn't mess with me anymore. What's the moral here? Jerks drive all kinds of boats, and it turns out nobody messes with me anymore in my 21 foot Ranger. Especially walleye guys! Lol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:55 pm 
Walleye Master

I can understand the frustration of people being rude on the water, but I don't think it's fair to penalize bass fisherman, or guys with bass boats. When you're on a body of water where there are boats scattered everywhere, sometimes it's hard to play "Dodge Boat" I honestly think that a bass boat at 75mph makes less of a wake than a 16-18' aluminum going 25-40mph.
Anyways, it's summer time now and we're all going to have to deal with water skiing, jet ski's, sea doo's and all the other traffic on the water. There is no room for ignorance, but everybody has the same rights to be on the water.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:44 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

One day, I m gonna buy a bassboat.... and I realize there is already a stereotype for the guys that drive them!
It s always the 10% that ruin for everyone.

I will always keep my boaters/fishermans etiquette!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:50 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Sat was the first tournament,we were drift jigging the bay,there had to be 50 or more BASS boats fly past us some within 15ft.there was 3 that slowed down ,of all the open water to go around you ,but no they had to go by with in 15-50 ft wide open,with a big wave of there hand as they went by.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:05 am 
Walleye Angler

No matter what you like doing, if there are others doing the same thing the old saying stays true, "There is one in every crowd".

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:02 am 
Baitfish

If you are fishing in a narrow marked channel all boats are going to go past you, some faster than others. In a few weeks when the cruzers go by you making ten times the wake will you complain about them. Also when going down the bay with other boats behind you going 70 mph you cant always start zig zagging around boats out in the middle of no where. I agree with you when fishing a weed bed out of the way of traffic you should not have a problem of boats buzzing by, but there is always a few.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:24 am 
Walleye Master

I totally get there are bass guys out there that do it the right way. I have to honestly say though from all my years of being on the water, that bass guys just love to go fast. They love to show off their rigs. Too many buzz way too close to other boats. It just feels like bass boats are jet ski's on steroids. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:38 am 
Walleye Master

But.... rhere are bad boaters everywhere you guys are right

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:18 am 
Walleye Wisdom

I agree its not all bass boats. Most are pretty good i think. If you are in a marked channel hang on cuz i ain't slowing down either :) (unless the boat is real small) nor would i expect anyone else to.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
banner ad