Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Boat Launch BS!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:31 am 
Walleye Master

kevin booth wrote:
I always make sure iam the first at the launch in the dark before all the traffic shows up,i find this much better for the stress and your on the water in 5 minutes.if you dont want to head out in the dark sit in your boat and have a coffee till your ready,if more experienced boaters launched a little earlier it would releive some boat launch line ups,i must say i never wait more than one boat in the am,so people set the alarm a hour earlier if you have no patience like myself.lol

Ya Kevin, I'm with you on that one. I'm usually the first at the launch in the dark. It's coming out where you see all the fun stuff. Not to pick on a new guy, (cause we've all been there) but when you offer help, and they ignore you and the fact that they are holding everyone else up is what gets me.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:47 am 
Walleye Angler

County has refused to dredge the West lake ramp. Guys are telling me the bigger boats are going to Wellington. Maybe the local MP will put a tax on all the boats in West Lake and get a couple hundred $ to make the ramp operational again.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:29 pm 
Walleye

now the one thing I can do is back up a trailer...but a couple of years ago I launched the Ranger alone at a ramp I know well. no one around so no issue. dock running down the side.. backed in far enough to not get my feet wet getting out of truck, climbed in boat but couldn't power off.. not in far enough.. so get out of boat, back in the truck and back in further.. the boat floats off... and as I am getting out of truck, I notice the boat seems to be moving away from trailer... crap I left it in gear.. now I run the length of the dock and just manged to leap onto the boat before it backs out into lake...
safely on board.. head back to dock to move truck and just behind a little point out trolls another boat.. now I am hoping he didn't see anything and as if he was reading my mind he pipes up and said.. oh yeah I saw what happened.. nothing more was said.. I hung my head in shame:)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:37 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Lol that's a good one. I've almost had my boat float away from me when launching. I always put a loop on the rope and throw it over the winch when I'm by myself but one time it pulled right off the winch on me. It was close but i caught it. That would have been a cold swim. I see you are from Delta C5fishing. We had a cottage on Lower Beverly when i was growing up. I miss that area. I love that lake.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:00 pm 
Walleye Angler

My moment of shame, thank God I was alone at the ramp but it would have been great entertainment for someone was when launching my 14 ft aluminum with a 15 hp on the back. I had a long nylon rope I tied to the front of the boat and I could hold it out the truck window while I backed the trailer into the water and with a quick stop the boat would slip off the trailer slicker than snot on a door knob. I then pulled the trailer out slowly holding the rope and let the boat gently run up on shore until I parked the truck. Well this one time when I let go of the rope after the boat was resting on the lauch the knot on the end got stuck on my trailer fender and the boat followed my up the ramp about 20 feet until I noticed it chasing me in the mirror. I hit the breaks and first of all looked around to see if I had been seen, then I put the truck in reverse and pushed it back into the water with the trailer and went on like nothing happened. lol.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:26 pm 
Walleye Angler

i always go with my wife to picton in nov/dec. i go alone and launch on the friday morning and she will finish work on friday and then join me at the hotel.i have a 15 ft with tiller but i do not even bother launching alone. I always ask someone to assist, it is just a hell of a lot more easier and efficient for other people waiting and I have never had someone say no to helping it benefits all. you just have to ask!!!!!
cheers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:40 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Lol Hutchy thats awesome. You are right Gordo. I would gladly hep.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:47 pm 
Walleye

I was at a launch a few weeks back with my 12 aluminum that i was loading the the back of the truck before i got my trailer

I was coming in and had my boat pulled up on the ramp. I can load it in about 3 minutes taking my motor off and hand bombing it alone or with a second person and i even had a girl with me. 2 old guys proceeded to drive in and back there boat up to the ramp i was like "hey what are you doing"......they didnt say anything unstrapped there boat and started backing in I was like "hey!" they almost broke my rods with the side of the trailer they were so close to my boat I said "what are you doing? did you not hear me say something before?" They got there boat in but couldn't wait a couple minutes and were in my way trying to pull out. I had my boat in the back of my truck before the guy driving could park the van and get into the boat on his way down I said "you couldn't wait 2 minutes for me to load this up eh you should know better then that you really need to get out for those walleye that bad"

these guys were old enough to be my parents clearly experienced anglers nice big boat going out night fishing for walleye....just remember its not always the inexperienced that are idiots at the launch some ppl are just idiots naturally

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:46 pm 
Guppy

We can fish for hours without catching a thing , but god help us if we have to wait an extra 10-20 minutes at the boat launch :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:32 pm 
Walleye Angler

If it takes you a coupla minutes to get it in, no biggie. They're public launches after all.

Now, if you decide to park on the ramp and then start to untie the boat, load your rods, tie up, go for a pee, do a jigsaw puzzle, that's another story :evil:

Man, lotsa cranky guys on this board. Bitchin' about bass boats, bitchin' about ramps, bitchin' about this, bitchin' about that.

Wanna know what really gets me Mux-Urined off? Try golfing behind a foursome of asian walkers that take 5 practice swings each.., waiting forever for the beer-chick to make her round.., drinkin' lagers in your garage and having a skunk tour in.., guys in foreign cars that aren't equipped with turn signals.., the occupation of Tibet.., slow Mux-Urine sales prior to fall season.., running outta beer in the boonies when everyone's too wrecked to drive.., the computations and permutations are endless and that's why Xanax, Prozac, Cymbalta, etc. are available for ease of mind.

In short, mean people SUCK! That is all. 8)

For urine purchase call 1-800-MUX-URIN

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:41 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Walleye 9 wrote:
kevin booth wrote:
Not to pick on a new guy, (cause we've all been there) but when you offer help, and they ignore you and the fact that they are holding everyone else up is what gets me.

You must have been at Hay Bay Church launch on Saturday morning of walleye opener then? Long story, but we've all seen it. Guy had his skies buried in the water, big 16ft fiberglass boat with a large motor on the back getting blown sideways into shore OVER and OVER again. Buddy was standing in the water wrenching the boat by the bow, trying to line it up, crank it down and quickly pull out - not making any progress. Line up on shore, and line up in the water, after 20 minutes people were offering to help this guy...I was floored when he declined help and took another 20 minutes getting his boat out by himself, crooked on the trailer :x

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:20 pm 
Walleye Angler

In Trenton today to the guy in the volkswagon suv with the red triton trailer. Were you really that lazy that you could not park your vehicle off to the side like most normal people. But you just pulled ahead and parked in the middle of the boat launch and left as if it was your private launch.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:29 pm 
Walleye

paro wrote:
In Trenton today to the guy in the volkswagon suv with the red triton trailer. Were you really that lazy that you could not park your vehicle off to the side like most normal people. But you just pulled ahead and parked in the middle of the boat launch and left as if it was your private launch.

That's nothing dude, I have seen a couple times now at the Crystal Beach launch on Lake Erie where guys fishing for fall smallies will just leave their truck/trailer exactly where they launched the boat....and yes I do mean in the water blocking the ramp. They take the floating docks out in the fall so you can't really launch solo with nowhere to tie up. So these guys figure screw everyone else.I'm going fishing. I have been toying with idea for a few years now about filming a documentary called "Boat Launch". Pretty much self-explanatory and I think it would be funnier than dumb and dumber. Just set-up at any launch and film away. You'd have enough footage in a day or 2 I'm sure.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:10 pm 
Walleye Angler

Any A-holes like the last 2 guys discribed in this thread deserve to come back to their vehicles and find thier valve stems stollen. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:01 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

I have a tow strap and a Hemi that would love to deal with those last 2 guys :)

banner ad