banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Oct 12, 2024 4:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:42 pm 
Walleye Angler

If there was no risk of collision, no damage from a wake, what is everybody complaining about. Its not bad boaters its the easily offended that claim my section of water for myself. Some boaters may be rude but totally legal. In most complaints there is no broken laws no damage just hurt feelings, fill out a whiners form.
Buzz by me I couldn't care less.

Actually guys the most complained about boat on the bay is not bass boats but the OPP because they know what the legal responsibility is and they will rock the bell out of you.

Here's a tip for you--- do not anchor from the side or stern of a small tinner, if the OPP whip in and pull a gotcha, they might sink your boat.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:14 pm 
Walleye Catcher

polliwogg wrote:
If there was no risk of collision, no damage from a wake, what is everybody complaining about. Its not bad boaters its the easily offended that claim my section of water for myself. Some boaters may be rude but totally legal. In most complaints there is no broken laws no damage just hurt feelings, fill out a whiners form.
Buzz by me I couldn't care less.

Actually guys the most complained about boat on the bay is not bass boats but the OPP because they know what the legal responsibility is and they will rock the bell out of you.

Here's a tip for you--- do not anchor from the side or stern of a small tinner, if the OPP whip in and pull a gotcha, they might sink your boat.

This must be the guy in one of the boats i was referring to. You can tell from his complete disregard to any etiquette whatsoever. He calls us "easily offended" to make him feel better for offending. Its the etiquette that is missing polliwog.

So i like to fart, it doesn't offend me. Can i fart in your face a few times? and when you get mad because it smells really bad or there's some poo on the end of your nose, can i call you easily offended ?

Theres 3 types of people; those that choose to be respectful due to things like morals, those that could care less due to their ignorance and must effect everyone along their way, and finally those that are too stupid to realize that they effect people. Which category do you fall into polliwogg?

Kindly tell us what your boat looks like so that everyone can buzz by your boat at top speed seeing that you don't mind. We won't cause any damage, promise.

In the 20+ years i have been fishing, never have i seen the OPP buzz by my boat at breakneck speed, nor have i given them any inclination to "pull a gotcha", whatever a "gotcha" means. I watched the OPP come by me 3 times on the weekend and all they did was wave.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:36 pm 
Goby

What color of bass boat was it again
Lol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:51 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Damage caused or not too close is too close. Would you like me to buzz down your street at 70mph? With my car coming close to the end of your driveway where your kids may be playing? As long as I don't hit anyone no problem right? My kids are often in my boat. Why is it acceptable in a boat? Its not. Its actually not legal either. It could be called careless driving if you get caught.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:39 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

opening days are always going to be a little hectick. Couple of years ago ....the walleye opener. A guy had to turn and face me and give me the finger with both hands!!!!!! he thought i was "buzzing" him! I was running down the MIDDLE of hayward reach in an 18' aliminum ....doing a wopping 30mph. !

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:38 am 
Walleye Angler

kevin weir wrote:
Lol

It was that "sparkly one" Kev, but even though you can, don't catch up to him to ask him to slow down because all of us "jet skiers on steroids" will get even more hosed.
I understand your complaint Mr. author of this thread, and see it periodically as well, but to diss us "all" is totally unfair. Boats and operators of all shapes and sizes have their bad or negligent ones.
Identify this boat and person, and fart in his face, I don't reccomend indiscriminate face farting, it just might back fire on you.

Pro Staff- Larry The Lizard Custom Baits
Canadian Rep/Distributor Larry The Lizard Custom Baits
Pros Staff- Woo Tungston
Pro Staff- Liquid Mayhem
Pro Staff- Gino's Pizza & Spahgetti

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:50 am 
Walleye Wisdom

I have a bass boat...I do my best to stay away from others but I gotta admit, going up the Napanee River or by Ram Island and trying to navigate thru the boats that at trolling, anchored etc in the channel or trolling across them are the ones that are causing some of these issues too.

So I'm confused then in this type of situation....what are you supposed to do?

Slow down and swamp everyone for the long, long distance you have travel to get thru these people? I think that if you're blocking a thru way and are completely aware of doing so, you're taking your chances of having someone "buzz" by you. I know before I had my current boat and was one of those people in a 12', it was my decision and knew this might happen.

I however wouldn't buzz by someone, if I may and think you're somewhat insinuating, just to show off.

So I agree with some of the posts but I too get "buzzed" by others; rarely a bass boat, mainly bigger tinnies.

So pointing a finger at bass boat drivers in my opinion is just as wrong as my saying that those people that drive their Lunds, Lowe's, Legends and other walleye type boats are also troublesome and a hazard.

It comes down to common sense all around and respecting others no matter where you are on water.

Oh yeah...and I too have agree that sometimes the worse boat out there for causing issues is the OPP boat. WOW!

Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:13 am 
Walleye Catcher

Lar wrote:
kevin weir wrote:
Lol

It was that "sparkly one" Kev, but even though you can, don't catch up to him to ask him to slow down because all of us "jet skiers on steroids" will get even more hosed.
I understand your complaint Mr. author of this thread, and see it periodically as well, but to diss us "all" is totally unfair. Boats and operators of all shapes and sizes have their bad or negligent ones.
Identify this boat and person, and fart in his face, I don't reccomend indiscriminate face farting, it just might back fire on you.

I didn't diss you all, you just didn't read my post, or didn't understand it:

"Thanks for all the other bass boats that did'nt and don't buzz the shore line and / or my parked boat."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:23 am 
Walleye Catcher

legacy wrote:
So I'm confused then in this type of situation....what are you supposed to do?

Maybe slow down until you are away from everyone ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:38 am 
Walleye Wisdom

"Maybe slow down until you are away from everyone ?"

I stay as far away from other boats as possible. I'd like to think that even you gotta admit that people fishing across the channels can be somewhat to blame and are typically the only ones I hear complaining about this. Doesn't matter if you're doing 5mph or 70 mph, You can't win!

My first and foremost thought is safety. Mine in the boat and yours around me!

So if this is really all about "peve's," mine is when I see someone in a boat "plow" by me slow and causing a huge wake. I find this more hazardous and get upset. Try going by Gan...all the weekend cruisers with their bows up in the air, plowing. It's a dogs breakfast out there and if they'd get on plane, it would be better for everyone IMO.

So the question to me is then...isn't it better to be on a safe plane and cause less waves?

BTW - I've never had my line crossed by a bass boat...I sure have all too often with walleye tinnies though using planner boards or by guides on the BOQ...but not gonna get into that cause it's not all of them but a jerky few!

...I'm out! ;)

Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:44 am 
Walleye Master

Bass boats give off very little wake compared to other boats, When on plane.

When going fast very little of the boat is in the water, when you throttle down, you put the stern of the boat into the water creating wake.

Aluminum boats, ski boats, etc. never have the stern come out, so they always produce a wake.
The ski boats love to rip around in circles and create wake to then ride over, its lots of fun for them.

I could make a rant, but i wont, I have been waked out before, never by a bass boat. I under stand your feeling, on opening bass there was probably a 1000 boats on the bay, and over half where probably bass boats. I know guys that own bass boats, and only fish for walleye, so just because you see a bass boat, you could be talking about a hard core walleye guy.....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:47 am 
Walleye Angler

Usually these "He's too close to me threads" go to "I'm going to pitch huge hooks at somebody" and then "I'm going to shoot him with a flare" and then get stupider and stupider.

I'm impressed 26 posts and nobody has threatened to murder anybody yet over an act of poor seamanship.

I would suggest that when you feel someone is doing you wrong simply give him the finger, you will express your opinion to the offending person instead of a whole bunch of people that can't do anything about it, and the offender can evaluate his position and decide if you have a valid complaint and change his ways or not. But don't stew over it, its not worth it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:12 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Lol i was thinking of posting i would like to throw them my anchor.. i guess ill keep that one to myself. Most are good. Its the few that cause the problems not the majority.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:10 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

It's not the wake thats the problem,it's when you are fishing they buzz by so close to you when there is the lake or the other side of the river to go by on.How would some of them feel if they were working weed edges and I came zipping by fairly close with my 14ft tinny.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:44 pm 
Walleye Master

Well guys, after reading through all this i feel i would like to contribute to the thread. Now this is just my opinion and at 54 years old and spending a very big part of my life on the water from commercial fishing to sport fishing i always try my best not to disrupt or cause danger for anyone else on the water so here goes.

If you are the type of guy that would go buzzing close by some guy trolling or drift fishing when you had the option of giving him a wide berth then you sir are an A - Hole.

If you have no regard for smaller craft and don't care weather you swamp them or put them at risk or even scare them. Then you sir are an A - Hole.

If you have lots of money and a big fancy boat and you do this kind of thing just because you think you are king of the sea then you sir are the biggest A - Hole of them all

Just my 2 cents..... Smile and wave boys, Smile and wave....

Fishy Fishy In The Bay, Bite This Line And Make My Day....

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
banner ad