Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Oct 12, 2024 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: One Last Hurrah!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:46 pm 
Walleye

With our first baby due at the end of July the boys thought it may be a good idea to get me out at least once more this summer before life gets a little hectic. So they arranged a day on the water with Scott at West Lake Willows targeting the King of the lake. I used to do a good amount of Salmon fishing when I lived in the Toronto area, but since being here I have found myself in a boat that I don't feel comfortable out there in, so a charter it was.

First of all let me say that Scott is a great captain, i've done my fair share of charters and he really made the day. We pulled in to West Lake Willows at 5:30, he was ready to go and we were out and fishing by 6:30, and the guy did not stop all day. When he wasn't changing lines or netting fish, he was trying to entice them by culling "Come on big girl" (between us, I'm not sure that works but hey at least he was trying). It is always a good feeling when you can tell the captain wants to catch fish.

All in all a great day, we went 5 for 11 with that all five being salmon and one laker who decided that he didn't want in the boat, our biggest fish was 22lbs and put up a decent fight. Scott got some new mooching reels, like the ones they use out west and they really do make for a fun fight with the fish.

Big thanks to the boys for arranging this and a bigger thanks to Scott, I can't recommend him more, if you have family in or want to impress some clients this is the place to be. The boat alone is worth the charter costs, fish are a bonus.

Hopefully, I will be able to get out again at some point, but I'm sure we will be visiting West Lake again in the future.

Check out the video: http://youtu.be/kYg-f36Qpyw

Post subject: Re: One Last Hurrah!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:59 pm 
Walleye Master

Great report. Love the pics

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:39 pm 
Walleye Master

Nice!!!!

[b][color=#00BFFF]Radioworld[/color
Proud Member Of CLOSA
Proud Member of LOTSA
MC Rockets
Atommik Tournament Flies
ITO Flies

The World is all about ass, you either kick it or lick it

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:08 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Definitely a great report. Thanks for the pics. I couldnt imagine a better charter to go on. Looks like it was a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:00 pm 
Walleye Master

Wow. Thank you for the gracious and kind words! You guys were a pleasure to have on the boat. I wish we hadn't dropped so many fish, but atleast we bloated a few.

The pictures and the video is awesome! Is it okay if I yonk a few for the website or send them to Okuma?

I added the video to the Bay of Quinte Charters Facebook Page but I couldn't tag you. If you go to http://www.facebook.com/bayofquintecharters and like it, I will tag you. Thanks again for such gracious remarks.

Scott

Sent from my SGH-I717M using Tapatalk 2

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

www.bayofquintecharters.com, www.pictonharbourinn.com, www.westlakewillows.com

banner ad