Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:26 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Boat Launch BS!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:25 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Guys,

I also saw the worst case of ignorance (BS!!!) at the Collins Bay dock in Kingston.

I was as also in a line waiting to get my boat in. The line was not moving. There was an empty Jeep YJ with an empty personal watercraft trailer sitting in the water on the ramp. After about 10 minutes a guy comes flying down the bay in his crotch rocket, I heard someone say, here comes the assh#$%. The guy just pulled up onto the trailer, spent another 5 minutes tying up (I thought he might just start waxing it on the ramp, but he didn't, thank god). Then got in his Jeep and burned rubber (gravel in this case).

Nice,

BATMAN 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:01 am 
Walleye

AHH Collins Bay Ramp..always a friggin joy...once the first dude parks wrong the entire ramp is fooked...also, and im not pointing fingers as we all share the water, but the guys down there who dive....is there really a need to park your bus at the ramp? they park right along the right hand side as you drive in making the small area that it is harder to turn around and get launched....if i see more then 6 trailers/cars, i dont even bother putting in their....

i wish, and i dont know if it is possible, but to have some type of a bi-law to have ONLY cars/trucks/vans with trailer only in that parking lot...if you have a car or not something with a trailer, go park at the school or church, they have plenty of room for cars over in those lots

sigh..rant...over

Marco

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:11 am 
Walleye Angler

There is an option when the turn around is blocked, call the cops and have them towed. When the cops couldn't get their big boat turned around when they used to launch at West Lake they called a tow truck. I was there last Sunday and sure enough two trailer less cars parked right in the turn around, and there is always a trailer parked on the other side .

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:42 pm 
Walleye

stripey85 wrote:
AHH Collins Bay Ramp..always a friggin joy...once the first dude parks wrong the entire ramp is fooked...also, and im not pointing fingers as we all share the water, but the guys down there who dive....is there really a need to park your bus at the ramp? they park right along the right hand side as you drive in making the small area that it is harder to turn around and get launched....if i see more then 6 trailers/cars, i dont even bother putting in their....

i wish, and i dont know if it is possible, but to have some type of a bi-law to have ONLY cars/trucks/vans with trailer only in that parking lot...if you have a car or not something with a trailer, go park at the school or church, they have plenty of room for cars over in those lots

sigh..rant...over

Marco

As much as having a trailer now that would not be the worst thing ever but when I was throwing my tinny in the back of my truck if someone told me to leave my gear in my boat while i go get my truck across the road to load up I would be telling them where to go you don't want me taking even longer do you?

I agree that those parking spots should be used properly when I did that I would park at the very top on the grass where a trailer won't fit but since it's a public launch I will be using it for its intended purpose to launch my boat whether its on a trailer or not just because I don't have a big boat doesn't mean im not going to use a public launch for it intended purpose dont forget that lots of people also launch kayaks and canoes there too are they also no longer allowed to park there?

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:11 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Guys,

I've got one more Collins Bay ramp story.

Came back from an evening of great Walleye fishing only to find someone used the side of my truck to practice some bad trailer backing up technique. They gave me their signature down both doors and cost me $3500.

Has anyone got Red paint all over their White trailer? LOL

BATMAN

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:43 am 
Walleye

Mudcat...i agree with you to a point...but again, its a "boat ramp". Again a gray area...i know its an acess point and such, and yes people have canoes, kayaks, small tin boats in a back of a pickup, but for the most part people launch with a trailer there. its ALOT easier on some access points that a car/truck with no tailer is easier parked on a side road, or a normal parking lot. we all have to use common sense as its the way of life, but the intention of a "boat ramp parking lot" is for cars/trucks that have a tailer. i dont mind a guy unload his boat out of his truck bed or canoe, put his gear in it, go park there car elsewhere and come back to the boat on the shore...no worries...but JUST dont park all over the place making it a mess for everyone else thats all...its the people who dont care or know the "way of the ramps" what causes issues

Marco

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:30 am 
Walleye Master

I agree with the whole public launch thing and common sence does and will prevail for most people there is just thouse few who either dont care or do not possess the common sence factor that most seem to be born with lol now saying that lets flip this around a bit, how many here know that there is a fee to launch in both picton, and wellington, as far as i know thay are the only two pay to launch sites in all of Prince Edward County. saying that i have watched well over 50 boats launch this year and never pay the fee yet they seem to think it is a public launch. they walk right past the sign, hell they even power load while stairing at the sign thats 20 feet away saying no power loading lets face it guys we have become a FU society where many people just do as they please, and say screw the rest!

banner ad
banner ad