Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2024 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:59 am 
Walleye Wisdom

My son and I hit the water about 6:30 and started fishing at Mcfaul Shoal. We hooked into one right away. Trolled to the west of Palen bank when the first wave of thunderstorms went through. We kept going for a bit (headed back around the other side of the bank) then while we were consulting the radar the 450 copper got a hit and started running. I gave that one to my son :) Then a Dipsy fired and we had a double header. I got my dipsy fish in (only 10lbs ish) but while I was still in the net he got his fish up to the boat and it turned and went under the boat breaking the leader. His was only about 15lbs or so too. We decided the second wave of the storm looked to severe and headed in. We went 5-6 with a 15lb and a 20lb being the biggest. All kings. They hit everything and all rods got action yesterday. Green Fly/SD combo White Fly/SD Combo Blueberry muffin and a Wonderbread spoon. I wish we could have stayed out.

It actually turned out good for us to leave though. After getting home and cleaning out the boat I noticed the outdrive had trimmed itself half way down. I tried it trim it up and it wouldn't go. Last year I had to have the trim motor replaced on my boat under warranty so I figured I wouldn't frig with it. I called The Boat Warehouse and they said just to bring it in. Had I kept fishing there is no way I would have gotten to Kingston while they are open and It would have frigged up next weekends fishing. I took it down and they had a guy look at it right away for me. They figured it just wasn't bled out enough when they installed it last summer and filled / bled it out. Seems ok now and I never saw a leak so I hope its ok. (still under warranty if its not) Another great service experience with those guys! And I got to drool in a new Wellcraft Coastal. Nice.

Dipsy fish

Nothing like a black hat on a sunny day. Kids. Can't tell em.

Had to keep this guy. He was a bleeder.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:08 am 
Walleye Wisdom

hi
sounds like you had a good one going !
except for the storms
nice pictures
glad to hear your problem was not so bad after all ??
sounds like good people to deal with

the ole bluedog
ps
thanks for shareing

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:07 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

nice job and great report, too bad about the weather. Good to hear motor issues hopefully fixed for good.

You have had a solid salmon season so far, good for you.

Best of luck next time out.

JimW

Smiths Falls DCI Redhawks Fishing Team Coach

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:18 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Thanks guys. Ya the trim pump issue was not too big of a problem. They have been very good to me for sure. Good luck this week Jim its been great fishing here.

banner ad