banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 4:24 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:37 pm 
Goby

I will be staying at Merland Park. October 12-14 2012. Im not big in to trolling, mostly bottom dragging and jigging for walleye. Will these techniques still work in this area and am I going at the right time or a little early? It's for my dad's birthday-so I hoped I picked a good time.
Thanks-really any advice will be appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:46 pm 
Walleye Master

Later would.be better but jig thomspon point

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:12 pm 
Walleye Master

You're a couple of weeks early for the fall migration, (the big females) There are walleye to be had year round on Quinte. Like Landshark said, try jigging, or drifting mouth of Hay Bay...Shermans/Thompsons point. Should be able to pick a few up there.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:47 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

the ole bluedog says :
if the jig is not producing try this
between shermans and thompsons point @ 20+ fow
reef runners in the colors of " bubblegum " or " eridecent "
i use 14/6 fireline out 90' @ 1.4to 1.6 mph land speed
that being said
this ain't gospel but it works for me
good luck
+ that's my .01$ worth

the ole bluedog

ps might be up around the same time
be in a black/silver G3 with a big ole yameee on the back

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:36 pm 
Goby

Thank for the replies, that's unfortunate we will be a little early but we will see what we can drum up. I'll post when I'm back to see how that panned out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:48 am 
Goby

Well, Im back from Merland Park Resort, we were not to early fro some big walleyes that were caught....unfortunately they were not caught by us. Merland Park Resorts was awesome...very Nice people running it, very friendly, I will certainly be back there. I ended up speaking to the guy running the Charter ROUSSEAU. They caught 3 in the 7hrs they were out there, at least one was 9lbs. He even lent me the lures he had been using ( reef runner sticks) . Staff at Merland stated some 12lb walleyes were pulled out front of the resort using worm harness.....I tried everything....I guess its me. My Humminbird 898 showed them everywhere! SO all in all still a good time even if we didn't bring anything in....Thanks again for all the advice, Ill be back there in the spring. Good Luck to all you heading out there, keep a tight line.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:09 pm 
Walleye Master

Twisted Fx wrote:
Well, Im back from Merland Park Resort, we were not to early fro some big walleyes that were caught....unfortunately they were not caught by us. Merland Park Resorts was awesome...very Nice people running it, very friendly, I will certainly be back there. I ended up speaking to the guy running the Charter ROUSSEAU. They caught 3 in the 7hrs they were out there, at least one was 9lbs. He even lent me the lures he had been using ( reef runner sticks) . Staff at Merland stated some 12lb walleyes were pulled out front of the resort using worm harness.....I tried everything....I guess its me. My Humminbird 898 showed them everywhere! SO all in all still a good time even if we didn't bring anything in....Thanks again for all the advice, Ill be back there in the spring. Good Luck to all you heading out there, keep a tight line.

Hey Twisted...How was the launch at Merland Park?? I'm staying there end of November and wasn't sure with all the talk about low water how their launch would be.

Thanks for the report.

banner ad