banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:01 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

I know the wellington ramp has no power loading signs. I'm not sure about the other ramps.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:51 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

by the way guys there were some guys in camp from PA and launched there 16 foot lund off the left side of the shermans ramp

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:32 pm 
Walleye Master

Hey guys i want to clear up some concern about who i was talking about in my post. The boat i am referring to was the OPP and not our local fishing boys. I also stand corrected on there motor size i think they run a pair of 200s...

Fishy Fishy In The Bay, Bite This Line And Make My Day....

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:34 pm 
Walleye Master

West Lake Willows wrote:
Fred Fisher wrote:
I watched a boat that is familiar to us all with a pair of 150s on the back power load there new boat one night and it left a wide 2 foot hole.

Are you talking about me?

Scott

No No Scott it was not you...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:09 pm 
Walleye Master

Thank you for clearing that up Fred. I appreciate it. I don't normally power load, but did on Monday as I had to launch at McFarlands in a stiff wind because there was a boat parked on the Picton ramp. With the strong wind and low water and being by myself there was litterally no other option. I really didn't think I was going to be able to hit the trailer straight in that wind. I thought about taking the boat into Picton and hitch hiking back to get my truck but thought I'd give it one try. Got it bang on with blind luck on the first try. I guess I was feeling guilty and sheepish for being called out. Thank you for clarifying. I won't power load ever again regardless of the situation for fear of public ridicule by Fred. Lol. Sorry to assume you were talking about me.

Scott

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

www.bayofquintecharters.com, www.pictonharbourinn.com, www.westlakewillows.com

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:11 pm 
Walleye Master

Hey no problem Scott I am sorry i made it seem that you were the boat i was talking about. I know you are very respectful of our resources and would not intentionally do any harm. I now what you are saying about the power loading and i know from experience that sometimes it cant be helped and the most guys i see doing it don't intend on doing any damage but it happens. The OPP were having a real ruff time loading that day with the water levels being so low they had to really give it the gun to get it to a position were they could connect the winch. They two were fighting wind and were almost stuck trying to back in far enough to get the boat on. Donna and i returned later that night with my rake and flat shovel and it took us almost 4 hours to fill that hole back in but we don't mind if it helps to keep it good as we use it often. Again Scott sorry i made you feel bad.... Fred

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:09 pm 
Walleye

It is a shame when you have a nice launch like deseronto and it is all messed up from the power loaders as well. I was there today and launched a brand new 20ft aluminum boat and scratched the hull and knocked some paint off the lower unit,3rd time boat has been put in the water. The boat came off the trailer fine but didn't realize there was only about 1 ft of water(water was pretty dirty) behind the boat after the boat came off the trailer. There is a big hump about 10ft wide by about 7ft long and then it drops off after that. After getting the boat off of the hump you could see it if you looked hard enough. There is more water depth closer to the dock.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:26 pm 
Walleye

Hey Red, is that your trailer, cause my cousins went down last week and did the exact same thing to my boat/trailer. Ya the water is real low and there is no choice but to back off the end of the slab, never thought about it before but I guess the power loading will cause this but... the way the ramp is right now there is little other choice but than to power load. I just back down beside the cement slab now, but my tinny is only 15 ft and can get away with it. Everybody drops some$ in the donations box when the launch, right? That cash is used to maintain the launch and do repairs....

Dan

teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Show him a fishing show, bore him to death...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:11 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

Certainly not hoping for miracles but have the water levels come up at all in the last week? Trying to figure out where to launch this weekend. Looks like it my be a problem the rest of the season. Thanks for the input.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:34 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

whaa whaaa whaaaaa.
stop whining and start fishing, stop blaming and start fishing!!
I run an aluminum, and I power load!!!
In my opinion, its easier!!!!

Now all smokers..... use your ashtrays lol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:55 pm 
Walleye Angler

Hi, just windering if anyone had launched at Shermans in the last couple of days, I only have a 14ft aluminum, was wondering if it was ok to launch there., Thanks,