banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Saturdays report
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:46 am 
Walleye Master

Yesterday we had the annual CLOSA fall walleye event. 5 boats in 11 anglers and between 20 and 22 rods in use. Most of us fished east of Glenora. The Grand Slam ran to the gap to set up and the picture looked a little bleak. Not as good as other years at this time. I had Fred (Fred Fisher) and Tim (Tylercurt) aboard for this event. Great guys to fish with.

Surface water temps on the Fish Hawk was 59.7 F at the Gap and as low as 57.2 in the Glenora area. We started with 5 braid and mono rigs and one, a 2 colour core off the boards.
With nothing being produced in the Gap area we trolled to an area I like on the north side half way between the Gap and the Prinyers in 100 fow. We had a great picture there and worked that area for a couple hours. Tim had a hard hit but it didn't stick. That was one of only 2 areas that we marked fish in the 20 to 30 foot depths that I would consider active walleye.
We pulled lines and ran to Keith's Shoal where 3 of the other 4 boats had been concentrating most of the morning. The wind picked up and it was difficult to get the trolling angles that I wanted. We made a couple passes and then trolled on to Glenora on the south shore. I swithed out to 5 colour cores on both my riggs because most of the morning we marked fish continuously below the 40' range. About 1:10 Fred and I noticed his outside board was acting weird but we had some problem with weeds on the boards all morning. When we got that board to the boat there was a couple pounds of weeds on the board and a 21" walleye on the Barbie Reef Runner. Fred won the derby with the single walleye of the day. The other place that we marked walleye in the 20 to 30' range was about a mile east of Glenora.

I really think that because of the high core temperature in Lake O the big girls haven't started the transition in form the lake. We are going to give the boat a rest until mid November, after the bear, moose and deer hunts are over. Hopefully the Bay temps will be down in the mid to high 40's by then.

I didn't take many pics but I think Fred did some videos and Tim took some pics.

I did get this pic of presenting Richard with a set of grippers at the bar-b-que because apparently he wasn't very good with a net saturday morning. From what a hear is that Richard was able to extract the hooks out of a 10 pound eye with the net with out causing any injury to the fish. It was a clean release. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Later
Al

Captain - Team ATOMMIK/Rockets

Post subject: Re: Saturdays report
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:57 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Great report Al. Congratulations to Fred. I've been waiting for a report from you. Though you didn't knock the blazes out of them, at least we know it's still early. Dave
P.S. Thought I could smell the BBQ going, while cutting the grass. :cry: :cry:

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:27 am 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Thanks for posting your results and what you saw in the Reach.

We're still waiting for the wind to die down a bit to try the edge of the big lake.

David aka Superdad

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:18 am 
Walleye Wisdom

thanks for the temps al,always a pleasure reading your reports.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:32 pm 
Walleye Master

Great report Al and a great day on the water with you and Tim. Like Al said we marked many fish in different location,s but i think that they are still in the pre stage mode. We fished hard looking for a little Quinte Gold but the Bay wasn't willing to share much yesterday. I did shoot a bit of video and was waiting to get some good action shots but it was not in the cards for us. Al and I seen my for board bump a couple of times toward the end as we were getting ready to pull all our gear and head in to go to Al's place for a great BBQ and gathering. As we pulled the last line with my Reef Runner Barbie 175ft back I felt a pull and yelled Fish On... LoL Al scooped it into the net and it was done. It was a great day and allot of fun even at the dock early morning Ice on the docks and the steep angle getting onto it made for some good laughs with guys slip sliding there way along and some even doing a butt skid. They were slicker than a greased pig... LoL Scott Walcott done a superb slide putting all us old guys to shame and i hear had a good day as well with his clients. I will post the little video i made just to get you guys all revved up to get out there and enjoy our great resource. Thanks again Al for a great day.... Fred...

http://youtu.be/KRgdQhvs18A

Fishy Fishy In The Bay, Bite This Line And Make My Day....

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:23 pm 
Walleye Fry

It was good to read a report form you Al. Thank you. I think we are going to make a hike over there in a couple of weeks. Hopefully the bite will be on.
Orville

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:12 am 
Walleye

Thanks for the update everyone -makes my anticipation grow. Our plans are made and we will start our first of four annual mid-week trips on Oct. 30,31 & Nov.1. Hope to see some of you on the water.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:07 am 
Walleye Catcher

Great report Al. We went out of adolphus town on Saturday morning too. Fished adoluphus reach all day with one very small walleye to show for it. He bit a yellow/gold NK spook down 40 feet over 105 feet in the middle of the reach. We marked lots of fish and lots of bait, mostly 40-75 feet down over 55-150 fow. We tried everything in the box for a solid 8 hours and couldn't get them to bite.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:52 pm 
Goby

Once again Al thank you for a good time Saturday. Richard printed out the picture to show everyone.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:25 pm 
Walleye Catcher

HI AL. No Slam the Lamg this year?

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:54 am 
Walleye Master

No Peter, No Slamb the Lamb this year.

Just too busy to get-r-dun this year. great time last year and will miss seeing all the guys.

If all goes well might make the party.

Al

Captain - Team ATOMMIK/Rockets

banner ad
banner ad