Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:25 am 
Guppy

i went down for a walk saturday to enjoy the beautiful fall colors and hope to see some active salmon around the kingston mills. although i did see a few swimming around there doesnt seem to be the numbers we use to have come throuth possibly due to what i seen next. a group of 3 chineese came down and started netting fish that were trapped in a small pool and slamed them on the rocks to take home :evil: ... one of them came over to where i was taking pictures and had a giant bolt for weight and 2 massive 3 prongs.. wonder y our resourses r fadding slowley.. i thought north of cn tracks was sanctioned this time of year or atleast its enforced elsewhere.. what kind of example does this set for future anglers.. any way thats my rant for the day lol hopefully the mnr makes a move down there or soon we wont see any returning salmon for the spawn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:57 am 
Walleye Wisdom

No restriction about fishing above the CN rail at Kingston Mills, probably because the fish can't get past the dam just 50 meters or so North. Netting is definetly not allowed though.

Get any pictures of them with your camera??? 1-877-TIPS-MNR (847-7667) and you can help Kingston Mills yourself. Search the thread "Don't let people abuse our resources". One of our members made the call, and had a great response from the MNR, resulting with charges being laid.

"Fish Hard, Hunt Hard, Live Hard"

http://www.muskiescanada.ca/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:55 am 
Walleye Catcher

Argh! I hate to hear this, please report these things to the ministry tips line - 1-877-TIPS-MNR (847-7667). Kingston mills is definately on the warden's radar, that is the only place I've ever seen anyone getting a fine from the warden. It is also the most poached shore fishing spot I've seen in the kingston area.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:28 am 
Walleye Fingerling

Next time make a video of those guys.
As well license plate number of their car. They can not carry salmon for miles. It has to be close.
I think it's enough evidence that they are carrying salmon outside of water to the parking lot.

Can you call police for those matters? MNR may not be so responsive to arrive to scene and arrest them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:28 pm 
Walleye

I live 2 minutes from the mills I have seen the MNR parked there a couple times in the last couple weeks

When I went fishing (with bobbers and roe unsuccessfully) there was no one fishing but me

Its the only place Ive been waved down by a CO on shore to check my boat (this was pre-bass season while pike fishing) checked my license and boat and sent me on my way

Anyone else notice that half of the feeder creeks along shore by the 401 are dried up to mud flats

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:14 am 
Guppy

I was there once this fall and saw them ... they were trying to snag the fish trapped in the locks.

One hooked up right away, fought it for 2 hrs, and then lost it when trying to net it.

I mentioned it to the staff and they did not care at all.

I will note the Tips line if I ever see that again.

banner ad