Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Fall Eyes ...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:49 am 
Guppy

I am new to the board as far as writing but have been following the posts for about a year now. Great tips and information.
My fishing partner and I were out last Saturday east of the ferry and picked up a couple. One was around 5 and the other was 9.7.
Tons of fish marked as well as bait as everyone else has stated but they don't seem to be interested in the lures just yet.

If anyone is from Kingston and has not been into the Canadian Tire on Division Street you should stop by and take a look.
They have improved the fishing department and have been bringing in select product. I have been helping out on this front
with the introduction of "The Next Cast". If you are in there and don't see an item please let me know and I will add it to the product requests list and tips and techniques area.

They brought in a variety or Taildancers (going fast) along with the Reef Runners. They also have a good supply of Church Tackle planer boards (port and starboard).

It will continue to grow. Keep an eye out for a link to the new facebook page in the works.

Later!

Post subject: Re: Fall Eyes ...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:12 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Great to hear Can Tire is improving selection. How about stocking OR-18 releases from Offshore?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:35 pm 
Guppy

Just added it to the list of product requests.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:19 pm 
Walleye Angler

mike is also a good guy to deal with in the fishing dept, He has assisted me with products not avaialble many times. Good to hear they put a program in place to address some of the concerns of the needs for the local fisherman.
cheers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:15 pm 
Walleye Catcher

I have not had the same experience with Mike, but when customers request equipment from manufacturers that your store carries you'd have to be daft to decline :evil:

@the next cast - what your doing will ensure Canadian Tire gets an even bigger piece of my paycheck, thank-you!! :D
How about northland tackle worm harness components - especially the body floats, and holographic blades? Man, I could go on and on about all the specific things I can't seem to get at canadian tire. Oh, rod-tip repair kits...not the cheap crappy heat-shrink ones, but the glue on style. And how about some flashers (not dodgers, they are NOT the same thing, MR HOWE).

I think you may have opened pandora's box here...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:52 am 
Guppy

I am not associated with the Cataraqui Canadian Tire (Mike H. runs the show there) ... I am working with the Division Street location only.
I play a key role in what new items get brought in and will pass along good and bad feedback as well as equipment requests.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:50 am 
Walleye Wisdom

I've had great expereinces with Mike and CTC in general. The only issue I have is it seems I'm there too much! ;)

Oh yeah...and all summer long, they didn't have chatter baits.

All the best TNC...and maybe order some chatter baits. :)

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:41 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Might I add A.C. shiners to the list! Amazing for salmon and bows!!!!!! There fairly dear in price but they do perform!!! 300 series!!!!

CHEERS!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:40 pm 
Walleye Angler

VMC hotskirt jigs and Rapala ClacknMinnows please.
I am at all 3 CT in kingston way too much already, I mostly go to the other two, but I will start checking out the division one more often. The Cat store is my main one, I dont have any problems with Mike but there is a bias towards bass stuff and the other species get ignored a bit so I can see where the TheDL is coming from.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:33 pm 
Walleye Master

cotton cordell walleye diver's and wally stinger's.

Also drop shot weights, 1/2 oz and bigger, 1 oz would be nice. lots of current and ruff waves in lake Ontario/ St.Lawrence.
1 piece rod's, i don't think there is a single one piece rod in the store.
The abu garcia volatile, are very nice rods, as long with the rest of there line.
www.aquateko.com invisa swivel, I find it key in trolling spoons, can't buy them locally.

Division street is my home store, I am in the store at least once a week, if i am in there to grab some thing for the house, i always make a quick trip to see whats new in the fishing section.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:26 am 
Guppy

Thanks fireball ... just watched the videos for the invisi swivel ... nice product. I will pass it along for sure.
I agree with the one piece rods and have brought that to the table.
They brought in a few sizes for the drop shot weights but nothing that heavy ... have you used the VMC drop shot swivel hooks yet?
I am bias to Abu Garcia as well ... CT Division brought in some of the Orra SX reels ... very smooth ... looking at the Revos now.
It is a work in progress but in time it will improve ... the only draw back is carrying a ton of inventory especially with seasonal fishing/lures/techniques.