Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: meeting about Launches.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:38 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Had an excellent meeting this morning with the manager of the County's parks Dept about the state of PEC's boat Launches, dredging and leaving docks in longer. The municipality realizes the importance of our fishery in an economic stand point. I went around to Northport, McFarlands, Picton, Wellington and Rossmore, taking pictures. He will be tabling a report to Council in January wanting money. There is lots to do now that we have the ball rolling. I will be seeking letters of support (as he suggested) for this cause from organizations and key players in this matter. I had my GM from the Chamber of Commerce with me at this meeting and he was salivating at this opportunity for economic exposure. I will keep everyone up to date and if anyone has suggestions or wants to help that would be appreciated. Dave

P.S I still need to get to Wellers Bay and Eastlake. Does Lake Consecon have a public launch?

Last edited by sunrisecottageresort on Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:51 pm 
Site Admin

Dave,
excellent work Please let us know what we can do to help out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:50 pm 
Walleye

Dave ...
Well done, my annual trek to Quinte is this weekend and as previously mentioned my group of 4 will be spreading some $$ about the county.
Let me know if I can help in anyway.

Steve

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:16 pm 
Walleye Master

great job Dave . well done buddy , im sure there is things we ALL can do to better this situation it seems there is many clubs out there who would or will do things to help out just seems to me no one knows just what they can or cant do, if you ask me this is why someone like you who has stepped up to the plate is so importiant in getting the ball rolling so to speak and you know you can count on me if there is anything i can do to help you or our plight out! thanks again Dave.......... Chuck

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:28 pm 
Walleye Angler

In the State Of Michigan,
they Have a Program Run by a Non government organization,
that is in control of the quality of the boat launches there...
this group is supported by some of the money received from boat registration.

I think The way the launches were built, ? 50 + years ago, could be completely replaced by more modern launches that no one will ever have to worry about prop washout again...

Environmental assesment laws have changed allot over the year and it might be easier to repair or rebuild the launches today, than in the previous years...

It Starts with dedicated people, Great job Dave on getting the Ball rolling...

I think you will need those Still dedicated fishing clubs for some hands on public interaction...

~Jeremy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:26 pm 
Walleye Master

Good stuff Dave. Nice of you to get the ball rolling on this and if you need a hand with anything you have my number....

Fishy Fishy In The Bay, Bite This Line And Make My Day....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:52 pm 
Walleye Master

Well done Dave!!! Simply awesome!!

I'm sure it was discussed but enforcing paying in Picton would generate a lot if income.

Thank you for your time and effort. I'm in for support as needed.

Scott

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

www.bayofquintecharters.com, www.pictonharbourinn.com, www.westlakewillows.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:15 pm 
Walleye Master

Nice job Dave. Great way to get the ball rolling. If you need anything let me know. Glad to help.

[b][color=#00BFFF]Radioworld[/color
Proud Member Of CLOSA
Proud Member of LOTSA
MC Rockets
Atommik Tournament Flies
ITO Flies

The World is all about ass, you either kick it or lick it

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:25 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

West Lake Willows wrote:
Well done Dave!!! Simply awesome!!

I'm sure it was discussed but enforcing paying in Picton would generate a lot if income.

Thank you for your time and effort. I'm in for support as needed.

Scott

Yes Scott, paying and enforcing was discussed.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:20 pm 
Goby

If you need help with the Rossmore launch project let me know. It needs a complete overhaul. IE proper wave protection from the west, designated parking, lighting, extended launch without the desk size rocks.

I spent 6 years on PEC Council so I know how to get through the red tape.

Bill Barber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:00 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Thanks Bill. I'm in the process of getting copies of past deputations to Council about the condition of Launches. A former Councillor kept all their reports and records. PM me with your contact number if wish. Dave

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:53 pm 
Walleye

I see something about paying to launch at Picton. I generally launch at Picton or the ferry, assumed they were both free. I have never seen any signs related to a cost, but maybe I missed it. Is there a fee at the Picton launch, and if so, who do you pay? Is there a charge at MacFarlands, have never launched there, but might be a good option when Picton gets too busy. There is also the marina, assume he would want some money, anybody know how much and condition of launch?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:18 pm 
Walleye Angler

$6.00 to launch your boat in Picton, there is a box with envelopes, and another box to put the envelope in, just to the left of the launch.Guesse you owe back launching fees, lol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:45 am 
Guppy

Nice job Dave. May want to find out what date he is taking the report to council. Then anyone anyone that lives in PEC should call/email their local Councillor and the mayor/reeve. They will need to hear the noise from the community to agree to put some money into this. I live in Loyalist but will write to the township for sure. If anyone has the time and can make it the public gets to speak at council meetings, can do a presentation etc. They will limit your time to 5min probably but it helps get the point across and I'm sure the staff person will appreciate it.

I have a lot of night meetings but depending on the night I would be happy to go and show support or help in any way I can..........Wally

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:17 am 
Walleye Master

this is a great topic and i just got to thinking why stop here maybe we should bring up the lack of parking, and ice access over the ice fishing season, it seems to me many people have laid claim to places they dont really own and have blocked off ice access with there own no parking (Non Official ) signs the quick short road comes to mind, and how they dont plow down into mcfarlins park blocking access to that area , petes point and the list goes on and on, maybe a comitty should be formed or parks and recreation needs to be pushed into further action .I would love to attend the meeting im sure we would hear how all this takes time and money but isnt this why we pay taxes ?

banner ad