Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 4:18 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:13 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Fished fri, sat, sun. nov 23-25.
Friday was great, new PB. 11.7lb Cheers and highfives!

Sat Morning
Its interesting how sometimes we neglect things we read on the internet, and not taking action on matters that affect ourselves the most.

Long story short, this happened to me on Sat. I didn’t do anything about the problem on Friday, and just thought, “That will never happen to me, its somewhere I’ll never pass by.” I even made a reply for MACMAN's post. There is something to watch for by Deseronto Launch

After spending $200 I’m back on the water with a new prop but the skeg was still damaged.
Huge thanks to the folks at West Marine in Kingston, selection, price and service was topnotch!

It’s never a good feeling when something like this happen toanyone. I took a few more minutes out of my shortened day and try to make a difference. I hope the rock hump will never ruin another boater’s day on the water.

Sunday
The next morning, with the cold weather and my clumsiness, I lost a high-end spinning combo at Thompson Point. Karma has an interesting way to repay your deeds. It was obviously my fault that had happen, but if anyone had a chance to jig up a combo in and around that area, I would love to identify it and have it back.

Ps. It’s amazing how many fish you can jig up when your mind set is to snag a sunken rod combo.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:26 pm 
Baitfish

Nice fish, ouch on the prop! Thanks for putting out the marker. Based on the picture, I just missed that 10 times last week! I did come in and go out with my motor trimmed up as far as possible, so maybe I got lucky.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:51 pm 
Walleye Master

Sorry to hear about your luck. Good on you to be the one to mark it. That's terrific and I'm sure it will pay you back eventually.

https://kingstonsportfishing.ca/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:55 pm 
Walleye Master

Nice fish buddy, and bummer on the rod loss, I hope you are reworded down the line someplace .. so what was the prop eater? was it just rocks ? a pipe? a sunken car? lol im sure we are all intrested to know, expessally the other prop loosers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:55 pm 
Site Admin

that is funny that you read the post by MACMAN and even replied to it and then hit the very spot that he warned us all of. Good on ya for sharing that with us all and even better on ya that you took some time out to put a marker on it. Thank you

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:14 pm 
Baitfish

Thanks for taking the time to mark the hazard....MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:21 pm 
Walleye Master

First of all, Congrats on the PB. Second of all, sorry to hear about your bad luck. Good luck will repay you for marking that spot. I use that launch all the time in the spring/summer, and I Thank You.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:54 pm 
Walleye Angler

Nice fish but sh%t luck with the hump. I actually saw you guys changing the prop in the parking lot at West Marine. Nice looking boat! After all the talk about the hump good on you for actually marking it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:15 pm 
Walleye Angler

nice eye, sorry about the prop but thanks for marking the hump. I have never used this launch but for those who have, has this been an issue in the past or is this somethng new that someone has dumped in the water? I know the water levels are low but I imagine even with another foot of water someone would have nailed it in the past especially being so far out from the launch.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:25 pm 
Walleye

Sorry about your prop, good on you for marking the bad spot, I am heading out of that launch tomorrow morning and I will try to get alook to see what is down there.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:02 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Young_one

Congrats on PB - Bummer on skeg and Prop :cry:

I see the fish are ' IN ' :wink:

David aka Superdad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:34 pm 
Walleye Master

I thought the origional post mentioned the hazard being towards the east. This picture seems to be more to the west. Is there more than 1 maybe??

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:39 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

Congrats on the PB!! Sucks about the prop. Hopefully the prop took the damage and the lower unit is OK. (Other than the skeg.) Thanks for taking the time to mark it for the rest of us. I bet I missed that by a couple of feet the last time I was there. Curious to know what it is as others are as well.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:04 pm 
Perch

young_one,

Crappy that it happened again. I know what your going through, but it was great you marked it and Thanks for that.

I felt bad that I didn’t mark it when it happened to me. I hit it pretty hard and quite frankly it scared the crap out me at the time. I wasn’t expecting it one bit. All I could think of was that I was still moving (mind you a lot slower) and that I needed to get back to the dock ASAP before I stopped moving.
I have since bought a 2nd prop and am hoping to go out again this weekend to get a better look at the area.

Congrats on the PB, that’s a nice sized fish.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:49 pm 
Goby

Congrats on PB--sorry about the rod combo and skeg/prop accident--much kudos on the marking of that nasty rock pile--hit it myself several years ago--cost me $200 for a prop as well--your kindness will come back to you Mike D

banner ad