Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:29 am 
Guppy

After work thursday., pack up, meet up with my two buddies, and start our trip. After a long drive through the night, we arrived at our cabin about 5:30, unpacked, and got on the water by 7:30 fished hard till about 1, when fatigue took over and we called it a day..... no fish! back on the water Sat morning by 7:30, started troling jut east of the ferry. within 10 min, fish on, outside board, drivers driving, I'm reelin, rigger's clearing two inside lines, rigger says fish on, other outside board! I'm reelin my fish in, he'd reelin his in, I'm clearing his inside lines, in between cranks on my fish..... CHAOS!! he puts his rod down to net my fish, and I look over, 3rd fish on! TRIPLE HEADER!!! get my first fish dealt with, and back in the water, cleared inside line, now we're both reelin, deal with netting our own fishes, pics, lotsa high fives! We've had a very near double header, but never a true triple, with 3 fish on at once! 3 fish were, 9lb 4oz, 10lb 2oz, and 10lb 12oz. got evrything sorted out, and stared fishing again, 20 min later #4, just under 9lbs. then fished the rest of the day, with one more to show, a 7 lber. off the water at 5 pm. Sunday was another full day out, 8 - 6:30, 3 fish about 5, 6 and 7 lbs.

was a great weekend, not as many fish as we hoped for, but not bad from hearing about other's weekends....... was tough fishing!! all fish came on RR's, or TD's with some sort of purple, saturdays fish came from the our lures in the 25-30 fow mark, and sunday, they came on lures in the 18-20 fow. trolling over 50-60 fow, (which is shallower than we usually fish). we tried down between the bat cave and the gap, around keiths, etc, but all fish came just east of the ferry...... right where the large grouping of boats were.....

good luck with the rest of your seasons!!!!

Thrasher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:51 am 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Thanks for your report Thrasher - well done - looked like it was a good weekend (save for the winds on Saturday) for everyone out there.

David aka Superdad

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:45 am 
Walleye Master

Sounds like a pretty good weekend!!! We did alright Friday landing 4 fish. Also just east of the ferry.

banner ad
banner ad