Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:43 am 
Walleye Wisdom

I am thinking of putting a site together called Quinte Tips. I would put different techniques that people post here and keep them in a way that was easy to browse. Things like answers to using planer boards, differences in lines, equipment q&a etc... Basically the questions that get asked on here as each season changes and new people are looking for fist time advice.

Any input at this stage would be great as I am just brainstorming the idea. Dan I want to make sure you had no problem with this either. I would not have any type of forum, just tips and articles.

I would like some of the members who have been on here a long time to contribute if they would like as well. As I said, just brainstorming at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:06 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Although I don't have anything to loose or gain either way, maybe rather than a "new site," if deemed appropriate, Dan can create a specific page within the QF Forums like the Radio World, Buy and Sell etc? Something like "Tips / Tricks and Knowledge Base" but with appropriate disclaimers to cover the proverbial butt. This could also contain maps if no legal issues are a problem to do so.

Dan's put in a lot of time and energy into the QFF and I feel the statistic #'s are crucial to a continued success and shows the support of new and existing members. Therefore, this site still gets the high numbers of those accessing and sharing the information gathered within.

Sorry GF if I am off track with your thoughts on this and either way, sounds like an awesome idea and I know I'd use it...

Cheers,

Paul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:21 pm 
Walleye Master

I agree with legacy. Not that your idea isn't good, but maybe adding another page on this forum might be the way to go. Some topics do get repetitive, but if it wasn't for people asking and answering questions, there would be nothing to read, and it may get boring. There are many members on this site that are willing to share their knowledge and experience, and I think it keeps it interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:56 pm 
Walleye Angler

I think Having Tips on Fishing Period, is a great idea.

I Also think that Every message board out there has Atleast one post in it, where someone suggests opening up a lobby for Just Tips on fishing certain areas, Within that message board.

If What your doing is trying to start your own fishing Team,
then your on the Proper track, But those tips would have to come from your team member.

I Think what dan has going on here is great, and even though your not adding a message board to your site, you still would be taking potential new traffic away from this site.
There are a few other message boards for the county/quinte area. also other message boards that include fishing through out the province.
80 percent of internet traffic will never actively use or respond to this quintefishing.com, And it only takes a 5 % loss of traffic to loose growth.
My Stats might be wrong, but its close...

If you are able to work with Dan, on creating at Tips Section, That you Manage.
That has been created from this message board, then you are not Creating a fishing team, You wont need your own website.

its not hard to add an extra page to a website/message board setup.

Great Idea, But I Think it should stay on this board.

One Thing I found about when I was framing homes, as soon as a person gets "Knowledgeable" enough they always seem to want to start their own crew, Leaving Guys scrambling to find new employees.
Happens all the time, I can Say I was guilty of it too...

I cut Grass now, and I always remember before making a decision, The grass isnt always greener on the other side..

Well That is Mostly if your standing on my property looking at the neighbours ;) ....

Great Idea,
I do Think quintefishing.com would help your Idea grow better, than creating your own page....

My 2 cents,

~Jeremy.

Last edited by Jeremy Green on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:25 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

I have been a member here for several years and have suggested it become a section on the board before. I would be happy to work with Dan with creating another forum on here. I just think something is needed as a starting point for people and it would be nice to have somewhere to direct people to when those questions are asked on the board.

I have no interest in starting any kind of fishing team or venture, just have a bit of extra time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:45 pm 
Site Admin

Check your Pm Grateful

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:55 pm 
Walleye Angler

Hey man, great idea.
If you need any help just let me know!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:51 pm 
Walleye Master

DanElliot wrote:
Check your Pm Grateful

WTF lol watch him he is looking to start a site lol. the concept is cool GF im sure it can or could be done right here

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:56 pm 
Walleye

Good Idea. I belong to a few boards and this one is the most generous with comments on fishing tips. Depths, colours, lures, areas to fish, good photo's, stories, etc. I am not sure what else could be added? Maybe just fish in my livewell... lol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:08 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Many boards have sections dealing with fishing tips and boating sections, not mention different parts of the various bodies of water they represent.

A Tip section would be a good idea, then people could search that section and find answers to their questions.

David aka Superdad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:28 pm 
Walleye Angler

I think your Idea about helping the newcomers to the board understand what quintefishing is all about by having a tips section,
I think Its a Great Idea...

We all know how annoying it is when everyone starts asking where the quinte fairy is,

I was looking for "HER" the first few trips out, then realized what it actually was....

Understanding the flow of the currents within the Quinte basin would also help Everyone understand what they are up against.

Weather its ice season, or mid summer temps...

You have a valid Idea,
I am sure you will have allot of support from this board to get you on the Proper track.

~Jeremy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:56 pm 
Walleye

Well.... It is hard to top that response. LOL.............

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:09 pm 
Walleye Master

Picalure.com

Have a look at that, Create a chart similar to that, but for proven tactic's for walleye.
I will be the first one to buy it...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:49 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

I do web sites as well and personaly I think Dan does an awesome job with the site, so this decision is probably up to him, but from my perspective most forum moderators direct newbies to the "search option" to find techniques

Charleston

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:38 am 
Jumbo Perch

There is no better teacher than time on the water;that being said I was pleased to see Dan has added another page to this board. This should answer the above question,and thank you Dan for that. Your efforts to maintain & improve this site are commendable. This is my 9th year coming to Quinte and I looked forward to each season with more enthusiasm than the previous one. The people I've met(most recently Tylercurt) & the new experiences every year have only been surpassed by the things I've learned on my own. The little tricks that work for me have taught me more about my own strenghts to become a better angler than digging around in someone else's experiences.Learn the basics from info that is available but remember your own time on the water is the most satisfying when your success is the result of your own ideas & experiments.It can even become your own contribution to this page. Just my take on this.Have fun and be safe! I love fishing so much I make sure I can do it again!

banner ad