banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 6:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:59 pm 
Walleye

I stopped and looked at the spot where the marker was put and it is pretty much straight out from the dock, a lot farther out than I would of expected(maybe 200-300 yds). I went by slow to take a look and it is a big pile of large rocks, very bad spot. It is almost right in line with the point that sticks out from where all the boat houses are. So keep to the right a little when heading out, maybe aim for the middle of the island until you are in deeper water.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:01 pm 
Walleye Catcher

We hit that spot last year then and wrecked my buddies prop on his Lund. We couldn't figure out what the hell we hit that far out. Can someone mark it on their navionics app next time they are out for the rest of the community. I may be out this week to do it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:20 pm 
Walleye Catcher

young_one wrote:

Sunday
The next morning, with the cold weather and my clumsiness, I lost a high-end spinning combo at Thompson Point. Karma has an interesting way to repay your deeds. It was obviously my fault that had happen, but if anyone had a chance to jig up a combo in and around that area, I would love to identify it and have it back.

Ps. It’s amazing how many fish you can jig up when your mind set is to snag a sunken rod combo.

Best way to find a rod is to mark your waypoint immediately , take a wooden garden rake remove handle, tie a nylon rope through hole in metal rake head where handle was, then add weight to both sides of rake. Drag bottom until you hook your rod or someone else's. good luck !!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:56 am 
Guppy

Just an FYI ... "The Prop Shop" in Kingston ... awesome at fixing those mishaps with the prop/skag.

Great price too!

Hopefully I don't have to frequent them too often!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:28 am 
Jumbo Perch

Young-one, can't believe that happened to you Saturday morning! What terrible luck that weekend. Your Saturday evening fishing was ruined bc of me and i had no idea the issues you faced that very morning.
Im the guy you towed back to picton bay with the shredded alternator belt... Thanks a million again! I would have been stranded with my girlfriend near thompson point if it wasn't for you.
I'm happy to see you were able to break the double digit mark the following day. Good Karma was definitely following you.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:05 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Hi Woodro, its two different weekend, no worries on the tow!
I hope all things are well with the boat and fishing!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:10 pm 
Goby

What a great deed!
I too use that launch..and had no idea that rock was there..
Thanks for saving my lower unit!

What goes around comes around...I pulled early summer deadheads off of the Scugog River as well as the Otonabee River. A couple of minutes of help can go a long way to helping to keep us boaters safe.

Thanks again

Ed

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:37 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Yep the boat was good to go the following morning after a quick stop at canadian tire.
Fishing was slow for us the following day, we trolled long reach and hay bay with boards to no avail but we did manage to pick up a few dinks while jigging.
Heading back next weekend to test our luck again.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:33 am 
Walleye Angler

Thanks for marking the nasty spot! passed over that spot many of times and not hit it.
Snarfy

banner ad