Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Any news from the bay
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:01 pm 
Guppy

Anyone fishing Hay Bay this week, going to be up Thursday for a few days. Glad the wind has died down.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:44 pm 
Walleye

I posted the same thing last week and had 375 looks but no replies, So I will help a brother out when nobody else will. Got back yesterday, the fishing was tough but we managed a few including a nice 26" eye Sunday afternoon. Shermans point just outside the marker in 19FOW we seemed to be marking them but only a few takers. East wind didnt help much but hopefully that turns around for you. Caught them all on the Mepps Black Fury yellow dots #3 with 1/2 a worm. Water level is nice and high so the launches are great, but the water is still real cold so slow is the trick, We had 4 boats, 8 guys, trying everything....

Good Luck

RED

teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Show him a fishing show, bore him to death...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:20 pm 
Guppy

I was thinking the same thing, thanks for the info. I will post as we go just to..... Keep the information flowing. I am sure everyone is busy in the garden or yard so typing a message is not #1 on the list. Thanks again of the update.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:44 pm 
Guppy

My report...... After 4 days, 4 guys, 2 boats we managed 4 eyes with nothing larger than 19 inches. Fished all through the bay, with everything we could think of. Caught jumbo perch the size of the smallest eye. We heard the storms scared them away, we heard the bait fish are too plentiful now. Moved up the channel and down towards Picton nothing. After all that it was great weather and good company so I have nothing to complain about. Even got to watch the bass guys show off their stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:47 pm 
Minnow

My husband has been fishing the bay hard for the past few weekends and the last two weekends - it has been tough - pike, perch, but no walleye.