Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: Hit and Run
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:39 am 
Walleye Catcher

So my buddy and I put our boats in Collins Bay on Fri night, as my buddy gets back to his boat from parking his trailer a guy in a blue and white boat yells out""I hit your boat sorry" and powers away. My buddy is not sure what he said and checks out the sides of HIS BRAND NEW BOATand there is a big scratch in the decal and another one in the paint....are you kidding me? Who does stuff like that and drives away without sticking around. I can tell you I would have been royally pi$$ed if it had been my boat. He knows the boat and uses the ramp all the time so I hope if he sees the guy again he makes an attempt at making it right.....your thoughts.

www.limestonecityfishingcharters.com
YouTube Jim Lyon Fishing

Post subject: Re: Hit and Run
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:06 am 
Walleye

Thats DIRTY! !!!! LAST TIME I SEEN SOMETHING HAPPEN AT A BOAT LAUNCH THE GUYS TRAILER WAS STOLEN OFF THE BACK OF HIS TRUCK SO HE COULDNT EVEN GET HIS BOAT OUT OF THE WATER BUT HITTING A GUYS NEW BOAT AND LEAVING THATS JUST WRONG

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:50 am 
Site Admin

That sucks. Get a written estimate from a shop and have it on hand for when you see this guy again. Hopefully he thought no harm done and it was just a bump and when he sees the estimate will make it right.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:55 am 
Walleye Master

I agree Dan this is not right and he should pay for the damage. About 10 years ago at McFarland launch the wife put a small scratch on a guys brand new truck when she dropped my landing net. It was a very light scratch about 15 inches long but I did not just drive off. We stuck around and about an hour later the guys came in and I showed him what had happened. That led to a hand shake, some good laughs and a little polish with a buffer at my buddy's body shop who is right close to McFarland's and who happened to be there working when we stopped in. An hour later and $ 40.00 at Leon,s shop and all was well and I even had to argue with him to let me pay. John and I remain good friends to this day and we even get together to fish once in a while so doing the right thing has it's rewards and will make you feel so much better. Fred....

Fishy Fishy In The Bay, Bite This Line And Make My Day....

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:16 pm 
Perch

You should probably call the cops and report it. It is the biggest reason to have insurance on the boat because out there somewhere is a jackass who doesn't give a crap. Plus I believe hit and run is still hit and run boat or car I think it is illegal.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:55 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Guys,

Years ago I had someone transfer white paint and dents into my SUV. They took out two doors and a the rear fender. Only cost me over $4000. I was was looking for white boat trailers with Red paint on them all summer. Never found one. This all happened at the Kingston Collins Bay ramp. Maybe it was the same guy.

They must have heard the noise and kept going. They put the trailer more than an inch into my truck.

I'm almost over it, Not!

BATMAN 8)

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:57 pm 
Walleye

Someone backed there boat trailer into my truck about 3 yrs ago at the public boat launch near Martins on eastlake.Did about $2000 damage. The way it was scratched and dented I could tell it was hit by a boat trailer. Hit front fender and drivers door. Hit and run.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:54 pm 
Walleye Angler

someone backed into my truck at the Millhaven ferry dock when there used to be a boat ramp there. The guy was nice enough to leave his name , number, and insurance information on a piece of paper under my windshield wiper. Turns out it was a teacher of mine from high school so we got to hook up and chat too. bonus bonus

banner ad
banner ad