Resorts
Tourism
Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Quinte Bass Champs
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:59 pm 
Baitfish

To all of the organizers and volunteer's of the quinte bass champs, all I can say is a job well done.

Post subject: Re: Quinte Bass Champs
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:04 pm 
Walleye

I have to agree P.D.,except for one major screw up,what happen to a blast off of three flights,7am,7:15 am and 7:30 am,which could have been done with no problem,how can you tell me that 170 plus boats left before 7am and the guys and gals that left before that didn't start fishing before 7 am.,Me and my partner thought we would do the local fish of no more than 15 mins away from weigh-in,started at the Point Anne area,we were there :lol: :roll: 8O at 5:50am and sat there until 7am,when we got the Tweet that it was Ok to start fishing,we had four boats within eye shot that we seen fishing from about 6:15am casting!!!What about the boats that went 40 mins away!!Who seen any of them fishing or KNOT!!!This was a joke tournament!!!!Just our thoughts,could have been more organized than that,not enough help !!!!!...Sincerley...The Rocket,I still hold the record!!!!!...7.28lbs....

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:37 pm 
Walleye Master

Hope you did well ROCKET !!! You are still The Champ !!!

Your friendly regional" energy guy".

Randy

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:15 pm 
Walleye

Next year you could take you and your record and go fish elsewhere or you could volunteer to help out.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:24 pm 
Walleye Angler

I didn't fish this event, but I'm sure it went well. Like any event there always one asshol*

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:51 pm 
Walleye

Did you really want to wait in line for 169 other boats to put their boats in the water. Seriously you should have thought that one through a little before you make a comment like that.
I personally thought it was the best event I have been a part of. We weighed in a couple fish and got bumped just out of the top five both times but honestly didnt care at all. We caught loads of fish and had a blast. The shotgun start was awesome and went alot smoother than I would have imagined. My fishing partner and I agreed to fish this event every year as long as they run it.
My hats off to all the people involved!!!

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:00 pm 
Walleye Angler

Thanks PD! It was a ton of work but well worth it! What aturn out too. This is the biggest field i've ever heard of for a Bass tournament in Ontario for sure and probably for quite a distance to the South too! OBTW - rules and instructions package that all the competitors were given explained requirements of anglers when contacted by ano on the water event marshall, as well as the protest process.

Kevin

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:22 pm 
Walleye

First off I would like to send out a big thanks for all the volunteers and sponsors that made this event awesome!!!

Secondly Rocket instead of chirping on a public forum why don't you put your money up and protest it next time or take your money and fish something else we won't miss it.

Bryan Quincey

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:34 pm 
Minnow

This event is right up there with the best of them, job well done guys and gals. Rocket - stay home next year. You couldn't catch a fish out of a bucket. There has to be an *** in every crowd. All these people involved in this tournament are volunteers that put many months into this event, why can't we all just say thanks and leave it at that. If you can do better by all means go ahead

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:45 am 
Baitfish

Rocket you are an A$$ of the biggest kind. You where complaining at the dock in the morning about the blast off so why didn't you go home then and save the gas money, we all know that you cant catch fish and that it was probably your partner that caught that so called record.
I started this thread to thank a great bunch of people that could have fished opening day but choose to stay on shore to make our day enjoyable not to listen to whiners like you so go start your own thread and title it WHINERS.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:16 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Not going to get involved in the bantering but offer my opinion and congratulations.

Opinion: I loved the fact that we could take our time to our spot; which was almost at the cut off zone so didn't have to go WOT and saved gas and the environment ;) , enjoyed the sun rise and leisurely get our gear together. We had about 5 other boats in our view and did see what looked like someone fishing but in fact, were tying the lines. Not saying that's for sure what you saw Rocket. I like the honour system and feel that if you can't trust people, you're in the wrong event and have an avenue to protest.

Congratulations: It was very smooth to register, launch and load the boat backup. The volunteers were extremely courteous, genuinely interested in how we all did and very accommodating.

I thought this was one of the best tournaments and a lot of fun. Just wish it was a few times a year. :)

Congrats and thanks to all.

Cheers

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:37 am 
Walleye Fingerling

I was fishing at 6:30 maybe you seen me and my partner we weren't in the big tourney this year buddy had boat issues. Do you really think the bass champs tourney was the only derby on the water LOL

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:43 am 
Walleye Angler

Well done Kevin and the rest of the Exec and thanks to Dicky and the QFS for their help too.

Some day Rocket will be dethroned, that should help deflate his ego a bit boys....

Colin Friel

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:01 am 
Walleye Angler

Pleasantly and appropriately said Legacy, I also add my congrats to all involved in pulling this event off with so many participants.
My partner and I where in an area with a number of boats at the starting time and some were fishing and others were not. Being that there were no numbers or stickers to identify who was and were not in the T before 7am was impossible to tell as their were a lot of "other" people using the water as well.
Honour and sportsmanship whether in a T or not makes it fun and competitive too.

Pro Staff- Larry The Lizard Custom Baits
Canadian Rep/Distributor Larry The Lizard Custom Baits
Pros Staff- Woo Tungston
Pro Staff- Liquid Mayhem
Pro Staff- Gino's Pizza & Spahgetti

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:24 pm 
Guppy

Hey Guys,
I did not fish the tournament this weekend but I was on the water at 5 am.
I dont want to rock the boat ( no pun intended ) any more than ROCKET already has but......
We saw plenty of tournament guys fishing way before 7 am.
The reason that I was up so early was to beat the tournament crowds to my favorite spots.
Maybe the organizers should re think the starting format. Just my 2 cents

Oh yeah, one more thing......
Why do tournament fishermen think that they can cut in front or push other guys off spots just because they are fishing for money.
This seems to be an on goin trend that I have experienced numerous times in the past few years since it seems that there is a tournament almost every weekend on Quinte.
A little respect for the other anglers that are just out for fun would be nice.

banner ad
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next