Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:31 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Left the ramp at 6:45am and out onto a dead calm lake :) Sure was nice to make the almost 9 mile run wide open.. We stopped and started setting gear just south of McFaul shoal. Didn't even get 2 rods set and off went a rigger rod slider with a nice 6lb tank of a brown. Finished setting up our 6 rod spread and headed for the bonnet, trying to stay in more than 90FOW up to 170FOW. As per the info I got from my Fish Hawk TD we set almost every thing up to run in the top 70FOW and one rigger down 85feet looking for a laker or two. Just south of the Bonnet the deep rigger fires and starts SCREAMING like craaaaaazy... KING ON :D After a nice battle we boated a beautiful silver 23lber. Reset that rod and continue west, nothing going to the west so we turned and headed back. Just about the same spot (gps mark) deep rigger fires again and starts screaming, couple minute battle and fish shook off. Ok so now re-thinking gear setup. Reset deep rigger(NK MAG watermelon) and let out one dipsey (flasher/fly) #1.5 setting 275 feet out. We made a big southeast loop to come back at our mark and BANG deep rigger fires, 3 seconds later deep dipsey fires.. Double Header here we go. Great battle and first time I have actually cleared all rods for a battle.. Boated a pair of cookie cutter 24.5lbers. Ok so now with everything in for the rod clearing its all going back out deep :D Both riggers to 85 down and 2 dipseys on #1.5 out 275 feet and the other 2 dipseys on a #3 out 85 feet looking for browns and bows. Not long and flasher/fly dipsey fires and screams out to 600 feet.. After a nice battle landed another 23lb king.. Re-set and we don't go long and dipsey fires again, screams out to 400 and gone :( re-set and turn back for the gps mark and other dipsey fires and screams out to close to 400 and gone AGAIN :( This happend about 5 times before I looked at one of the flashers and noticed the teeth marks all over the brand new falsher. I have had them grab dipseys before but never a flasher. lol The rain has been spotty up until this point, but now its starting to pour and the sky is growling so we decide to pull gear and run in.. Back at the ramp around 4.

Overall we went 4 for 10 on kings and 3 for 3 on browns with a couple unkown releases mixed in.

Hot spoon was NK MAG Watermelon and green/black spinny with a green fly behind silver dipsey.

Got to meet fellow puller ChadW and share some stories and hopefully some helpful info with him as he headed back out for the evening fish after seeing our box :D

Adam

Just a quick video before I had to put down the camera and clear rods :D
http://youtu.be/sT_D7WOgg3g

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:52 pm 
Walleye Angler

I was just thinking this would be a nice day out of Wellington.

Hear couple browns were caught of Long Point in 10' by guys looking for smallies, they must be all over the place.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:03 pm 
Jumbo Perch

We ran some inline boards and sticks for a while with hopes of a shallow brown or bow and never even got a sniff.

Adam

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:07 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

We where out Thursday seen lots of bait all over the bonet, not a sniff guess two days made the diff. good job guys awesome pics

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:40 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Nice job with the Kings and the Browns - thanks for sharing

David aka Superdad

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:05 pm 
Walleye Master

Congats on the kings and browns. Great report and pics as well.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:52 pm 
Minnow

nice.... have been waiting for the reports to start coming in... here i go wednesday..
baot all ready and lots of dirty tackle that must get cleaned...lol

thanks for the post
jason

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:03 am 
Walleye Master

Very Nice, great report. Congrats!

[b][color=#00BFFF]Radioworld[/color
Proud Member Of CLOSA
Proud Member of LOTSA
MC Rockets
Atommik Tournament Flies
ITO Flies

The World is all about ass, you either kick it or lick it

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:35 pm 
Perch

I was at Wicked Banks Sunday with my wife and 2 other couples. The Lake was calm but very foggy,
so we left late at 7:00 a.m. we were set up with an 8 rod spread 2 lead core, 2 steel ,and 4 riggers.
.Our first hit was a brown off of a planner board (apex watermelon ) 2nd hit was a rainbow 9:00 a.m.
It was slow until about 11:00 a.m. when everything went a bit nuts .within an hour and a half we landed 3 more
rainbows and one Chinook 22 lbs. hits came on rack spoons (blueberry muffin and Michael Jackson)
while the salmon hit on a brown and yellow Big Ernie . All in all a super day had by everyone.
The Salmon have arrived in Wellington.

JIM

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:00 am 
Site Admin

That was a very detailed report and a great outing thanks for sharing that I know a few who have been waiting to get out there

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:44 am 
Walleye Catcher

Now that's a fishing report! Loved the details and pics, thanks for sharing and congrats on a great day of fishing!

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:21 pm 
Walleye Master

"The Salmon have arrived in Wellington."

Aaarrgghh!!!!! and I'm leaving for the summer to work!!! I'll look forward to reading more reports like this over the next couple of months. Have fun out there guys.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:45 am 
Walleye Master

Great report. Like the details.

Good job guys.

Al

Captain - Team ATOMMIK/Rockets

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:37 am 
Jumbo Perch

Thanks guys.. If my big boat is done we will be back up July 5th for the weekend :) If not we will be fishing out of Bowmamville/Port of Newcastle that weekend from the little boat..

Adam

banner ad