Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:22 am 
Walleye Master

This was a repost from a different fishing forum, original poster Belive's, and do not relate to me, i had previously left this part out.

The ruling on this project will be considered a land mark ruling, these project's are normally "rubber stamped" any ways.
Land mark ruling means environmental concerns can not be brought up again in court.
End of this year the off shore 2 year freeze will be over, and its fair to say every shoal in the lake ontario will have a wind turbine on it. Don't expect there to be a court case come time to build on the shoal's.
There is allot of money on the line for many people in this project, its said that people who allow these wind turbines to be built on there property will receive between 8-10 a year, per turbine.

http://www.thewhig.com/2013/03/07/mpp-b ... -opponents
Please spread the word to have everyone sign the petition and and take the
survey regarding the Algonquin Power's proposed Amherst Island industrial
wind turbine project.

Please also use social media sources to reach out to as many people as you
can about this petition and survey.

Here are the links:

The Petition: http://www.randyhilliermpp.com/amherst_island

The Survey: http://www.randyhilliermpp.com/amherst_island_survey

Last edited by fireball on Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:11 pm 
Walleye Catcher

I will do the exact opposite

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:40 pm 
Walleye Master

would be nice if they actually cut the cost of hydro when they pollute the skyline with turbines but they ...DO NOT..
so SCREW THEM!!!!!!! i come from a place in NY thats crazy polluted with natural gas they came in tested drilled some wells and pipe the gas to NYC only person who profits is a land owner who is with in 600 hectars of a well they get a check someone 601 hectars away pays more for natural gas than people in NYC the racket is they go to all the big fat cat land owners who have 600 acres or more and drill right in the middle so they can oliminate cutting checks to others close by now NYS is in a wide spread NO FRACTURE drilling mode and put a stop to it all

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:32 pm 
Minnow

Well then, I suppose we can add wind generated power to the taboo list of sex, politics and religion that should not be discussed in a friendly forum.

But what the hell, have a look at the issues at a different Brighton. Oh, and don't look if a little bit of blood smear on white feathers might bother you.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100222239/why-do-i-call-them-bat-chomping-bird-slicing-eco-crucifixes/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:50 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Wonder if those wind turbines will help control the cormorant population?

Facebook: http://facebook.com/trophywalleye
Twitter: @pbandjcharters

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:32 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Maverick wrote:
Wonder if those wind turbines will help control the cormorant population?

Great point Joe. Anything to get rid of them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:17 am 
Walleye Angler

Are we or can we start a thread about all the tree huggers who have no idea what they are talking about with respect to the cormorants. At some point someone needs to take these people out for a slow boat ride around a few of the local islands that have been desimated by these useless birds that by the way are protected which is a whole other thread.
Just my opinion!
Too many people with too much time and not enough knowledge of what truly goes on in the real world!

Paul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:12 am 
Walleye Angler

Exactly what EvesR said... To hell with the Conservatives anyway, besides, once they build the new power plant in Napanee we won't be able to see Amherst Island anyway!!!!

Colin Friel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:26 am 
Walleye Catcher

Tamarax wrote:
Well then, I suppose we can add wind generated power to the taboo list of sex, politics and religion that should not be discussed in a friendly forum.

But what the hell, have a look at the issues at a different Brighton. Oh, and don't look if a little bit of blood smear on white feathers might bother you.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100222239/why-do-i-call-them-bat-chomping-bird-slicing-eco-crucifixes/

Holy crap! A seagull died!!! Well that changes everything!!! LOL

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:20 am 
Walleye Angler

The plan is to string them along the north shore from Kingston to Glenora. We are make history by trashing the largest natural wonder of the world.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:20 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Unfortunately one of the worst impacts is the hard feelings that develop between neighbours. Some residents welcome the windmills and the revenue they receive from having them on their property while others receive no revenue and are stuck with the sight/sounds that result and reduced property values. Ask the folks on Wolfe Island.

"Fish Hard, Hunt Hard, Live Hard"

http://www.muskiescanada.ca/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:36 pm 
Perch

Dog Lake wrote:
Unfortunately one of the worst impacts is the hard feelings that develop between neighbours. Some residents welcome the windmills and the revenue they receive from having them on their property while others receive no revenue and are stuck with the sight/sounds that result and reduced property values. Ask the folks on Wolfe Island.

Well said. I have a good friend that has 100 ac on Amherst island. His property value dropped drastically over night with the windmill proposal.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:21 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Dog Lake wrote:

Really ? Reduced ? Wow how much were they before still outta my ballpark .... Rich whiners http://www.homesandland.com/For-Sale/Wolfe_Island,ON/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:27 pm 
Walleye Catcher

ballz out wrote:

Well said. I have a good friend that has 100 ac on Amherst island. His property value dropped drastically over night with the windmill proposal.

Yeah it must be horrible 54 acres goes for $555,000 http://www-d.royallepage.ca/en-ca/ontario/amherst-island/property/MLS13600002/732653/5945-third-concession-rd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:04 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Didn't say I was against wind energy, but the current system creates winners and losers among neighbours. Asking prices on listings don't really tell you much about the market value of the property, its what they actually sell for. Lots of high priced properties for sale that aren't moving indicates people are not willing to pay those prices and market values have dropped. Their either needs to be a more community based compensation system for having the windmills or they need to be located away from communities in wind parks.

I've had the opportunity to hunt over on Wolfe for several years, and the lease has windmills. From what I've seen bird strikes don't seem to be a big impact, the waterfowl we hunt have just adjusted flight patterns. As for fish, agreed no effect, until the windmills go offshore. They have elsewhere around the world and feasibility studies have already been done for the shoals SW of the islands. Every source of energy comes with a cost, environmental, social and economic.

"Fish Hard, Hunt Hard, Live Hard"

http://www.muskiescanada.ca/

Last edited by Dog Lake on Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

banner ad